Zero energy. How to cope

16 days in and im mentally good. The thing is i have zero energy and it sucks. I dont take anything anymore not even kratom.

Im done i have zero urge other then i dont want to be tired and back hurting.

Any advice?

7 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on 16 days!!
I experienced extreme fatigue also in early recovery. It comes and goes, even now i find. But initally it was really bad. Like my eyelids were sooo heavy all the time and i was just sooo tired. Your body is going thru alot of changes and trying to repair itself, so its quite normal. Its good to listen to ur body and give it lots of rest, good food, and to hydrate well. I did that for awhile but then realized that the fatigue was beginning to cause problems in being able to work and get tasks done. So i began with smaller tasks and slowly built my momentum up. Even now when im tired, i first off try to listen to my body and give it what it needs. But at a certain point its also beneficial to get moving and attempt to take care of things (otherwise sleeping and resting for weeks on end causes problems) at least for me. I do find once i get going on these littlier tasks, i start feeling better and gain some energy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s wassup man hell yeah congrats on you’re 16 days :raised_hands: oof man yes fatigue was no joke for me as well. But I think what butterfly said was excellent advice. I just went through the motions man if you’re mind is right you can make it through. But like what was already said you’re body is in unfamiliar territory right now you need to allow time for it to adjust accordingly. Like I’ve been told it’s taken me years to get to where Ive ended up in my addiction. It’s gonna take a long time to heal as well. As frustrating as it may be it will change in time and you will get some pep in you’re step again stay strong man :muscle::blue_heart: you’re not alone.

4 Likes

Im off 7 year bid. I have finally broken the chain. I keep thinking of the first 48 hours with zero sleep and i cant go through that again. I have ones who rely on me heavily. Im done done done. I just want my energy back. Uhhgg its part of the transition. Ill embrace it…

2 Likes

What up brotha. Read your bio. Good on you my man freaking stoked for you

1 Like

It’s one moment at a time brother. Stay in the moment. For me I can change anytime. I’m glad you feel strongly about stopping I’m proud of you man. Im gettin my 30 day chip tomorrow :muscle:

2 Likes

Shit I’m stoked for you haha we In this together man :muscle:

Not sure if there message. Need anything hit me up

1 Like

Time to get moving. Its the old paradox of exercising to feel less tired. Drink more water, clean your diet up, get the heart pumping a little. There’s a reason sobriety and fitness go hand in hand. Amazing work on your time so far

1 Like