Zoloft/Sertraline information

I got mine on Amazon and takes week or two to get in your system, then my multi vits etc. Suppose it gives you a bit more of an improvement in mental performance, feel more alert and a bit more of a kick in your step lol!

The CBT alongside has definitely helped as well with coping mechanisms etc. Again still have the odd moments now and again but nowhere near as bad as they were considering everything that’s going on at the moment in my life with family and myself etc :slightly_smiling_face:

I started Zoloft today. First time I have ever taken anything for anxiety. I’m hoping for a miracle lol

2 Likes

Hi Jlove, hope you’re good and well?

I had to come off sertraline in the end, didn’t agree with me but everyone’s different hey, lol!

I’m currently on Duloxetine 30mg x1 daily and have found it works well and have more energy and get up & go, but funny at the start but settled well in system now

Best of luck with it and hope it helps you :relaxed:

1 Like

Really interesting to hear how many others on here are on antidepressants for anxiety. I started Sertraline last year for chronic anxiety and have been drinking more and more the last year to deal with anxiety. I’ve decided to do sober October to give myself a break from that alcohol crutch.

4 Likes

They are Something I have avoided for a lot of years. At 79 days sober the anxiety has decreased but I realized to give myself a fighting chance I had to give in and try medicine. It’s been sitting in my cabinet for about a month and today I finally gave in and took it. I figure look at how bad I have treated my body with alcohol. A pill is worth a shot.

1 Like

Well done on the 79 days and that’s some achievement! Go you!

I fully understand and hope it helps you and takes few weeks to settle in but hope it helps you out, everyones different and my mate had great success with the sertraline which helped him a lot and done a year on it and then came off as felt better and more himself

Keep on keeping on :blush::v:

1 Like

Hey :wave:

I also came off sertraline after a while. In hindsight stayed on it too long. Tool ages to click that some of my returning depression symptoms could be side effects from the medication!

I am now on venlafaxine, an SNRI, which suits me better mood wise. Had lots more tiredness which I initially put down to the meds but after a blood test looks like low iron was a significant contributing factor.

Side bar - especially for ladies dealing with persistent low mood/ anxiety/ burn out if you can get your blood levels checked, it’s worth a go. The ‘normal’ range for ferritin is something like 20 - 300, but there is increasing research that suggests ferritin levels below 100 can have negative effects on lots of other things.

Anyway, glad you have found something that seems to be working better for you!

2 Likes

@liv_m I have been breaking it in half the first few days 25mg to start and then I’ll increase to 50mg, but so far it seems to be working well.

3 Likes

I have been taking Sertraline for close to 2 years now. My anxiety became unmanagable following a series of panic attacks at work. I took 25mg for the first month and 50mg since. I felt good for the first month, placebo effect most likely, followed by a really awkward unstable few months. It took quite a while to settle into it. At least 6 months, probably more.

I went into it for the long term. I have no desire to come off it. It is having a positive impact. It’s very difficult to judge because life changed so dramatically shortly after taking it (lockdown etc.). My anxiety is better, no question, but this is due to multiple factors. On it’s own I doubt it would have had as much impact, but as part of a system of recovery, very useful.

Hope it works out for you @JLove

3 Likes