Zoom AA Meeting For Alcoholics After Gastric Bypass, AAGB 💖

Hello Everyone!
There has been a new AA Zoom Meeting that has just started for people who have become Alcoholics After Gastric Bypass. This is only for people who are post surgery. It is on Sunday Mornings 10 AM to 11 AM PST (host is on the US West Coast). Fellowship is from 930 AM to 1000 AM and 1100 to 1130. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you more information.
:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Our meeting is today in 52 minutes! Anyone interested can PM me and I’ll send you the information. This meeting is for Alcoholics After Gastric Bypass. Happy Sunday everyone!

1 Like

I’m interested in these meetings…

1 Like

Hi Paul! Unfortunately they ended a few months back :frowning: But there is a Facebook AAGB page that we have if you’re interested.

I’m very glad that there is attention being called to this specific situation. My partner didn’t really drink til years passed after her surgery and the knowledge of the probability of addiction wasn’t widespread yet so when she started drinking, she didnt stand a chance and the addiction progressed rapidly.

It hits very close to home and is heartbreaking.
I’m happy that it’s getting more and more recognition as the time progresses.

3 Likes

I am clean and sober now, but always something to keep in mind as I have gastric sleeve surgery next week.

1 Like

It’s something many of us have dealt with. I found this article when I finally stopped and it was a huge realization. When you read the comments afterwards, it’s just heartbreaking. There are many of us who never knew when we had gbs.

3 Likes

I’m interested in the meeting for AA post gastric bypass. Can you give me some information?

1 Like

Hi Kimberlym :slight_smile: Our gal that ran the AA meeting had to stop for family reasons :pensive: We tried to keep it going for a while but it eventually stopped altogether. I’m sorry. But regular AA meetings could be of benefit as well.

1 Like

Hello,

Do you still have these ZOOM meetings?

Thanks,
Mandi

1 Like

Hi :wave: no they had ended a bit ago. Our AA host had some family issues. It was unfortunate because we had so many similar struggles.

Hello, is the zoom group active? Any info would be appreciated.

Hi there well there is a Zoom that has just started for a Facebook callef Alcoholics After Gastric Bypass 7 PM EST Feb 12th. If you’re interested I can PM you the code info.

2 Likes

Yes please!

I would like information on achololism after gastric sleeve. Thanks

1 Like

Hopefully @Ravikamor doesn’t mind me sharing her thread…

19 Years post Gastric Bypass and 19 Years alcoholic

1 Like

No of course not :slight_smile: !!
@shawna1506 let me know if I can help in any way :heart:

1 Like

Can I get zoom meeting info. Meeting Id and password. Thanks

1 Like

I think they may have stopped again. The participation just wasn’t there. I’ll find out and let you know.