Zopicline nightmare :(((((

Hi Fam

Im neeedung some real honest people to tell mehow hard its going to be comibg off Zopiclone? Ive abused them by taking up to 7 a night of 7.5mg. Prior to that i had been takung 1 a night for minths and gradually got worse. I started doing weird sh*t and sleep walking, amnesia etc.

So needing to kick this habit into touch and not sure if i do a reducing regime or cold turkey??

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks
Z

Not really sure you should just come off them straight away as you could have bad withdrawals and end up not sleeping at all and mess up your sleep worse than what it was, speak to your doctor and hopefully they could advise you on how much you could reduce your intake by until your off them completely, good luck, hope this helps x

I don’t have any knowledge on them.
I just wanted to wish you strength in this journey

1 Like

Very sweet, thank you.

Back at you

Z

Im not in a position i can go to a Dr due to my job. I think reducing would be the best option.

Thank You

Z

What mg do your tablets come in x

I know that if im reducing my anti-depressants i have to do it two weeks at a time so if they come in 2mg come down by 2mg every two weeks, as so theres not much withdrawals, good luck, ill keep you in my prayers and thoughts, let me know how you get on x

1 Like

Hey- I just came off of a few different mood stabilizers, and zopiclone for sleeping. I was having a really hard time and needed to come off everything as quick as possible, so my psychiatrist fast tracked it.

Take 1/2 pill less every 3 nights until you’re off completely. I didn’t have any side effects other than having a harder time falling asleep, so I started meditating right before bed and I think it has helped.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Hey buddy, i know your med is different from the benzos im tapering off of, but i think the approach is similar. Like others said, you really need to taper. These drugs tend to change your brain chemistry (neurotransmitters) and you need to give your brain time to adjust when coming off of them. Id suggest going to a doctor or psychiatrist and being honest that youve been abusing them or building a dependency and follow their recommendations on how to taper. Sometimes people can be embarrassed by the thought of doing so, but Doctors have seen and heard much worse. Your health is more important.

I don’t take any medication so it’s impossible to give an opinion on how to come off. I might however be able to help with the sleeping.

This works for me, it may work for you. I downloaded an app called Quit Drinking with Andrew Johnson.

I don’t really believe in hypnotism. However the first part is about relaxing the body. Paying attention to muscles and how they feel, etc. I cannot seem to get through the first part without falling asleep.

So maybe some sort of meditation music on the phone next to the pillow will assist.

Recommend the app too for those that want a little extra help getting of the booze.

1 Like

Thats really great advice, thank you very much. I will do exactly that. Thats what i thought in my head would be ok so you are a mind reader :slight_smile:

As of tonight i will take half off and let you know how i got on. I have also dowloaded the calm app on my phone so will start the mindfullness tonight.

Thank You

Z

Thank you for that.

They are common and do effect the Gamma GT. I also think tapering off is a good idea.

Mucb appreciated

Z

Hi how did u get on x

Hi

Thanks for asking. So, i cut my dose in half 2 nights ago. Im now 20mg Zolpidem. Im starting to feel it a bit with tremors, aches and the chills comes in the PM.

Im going to try 20mg for 3 nights and then 15mg for 3 night etc.

Been up all night and feeling terrible and could easily give up right now.

Ah bless u … i totally feel for you … them zopiclone r so addictive… im so proud of u 4 how u r cutting down on them … i know its hard but it will be worth it x

The tremors will go, eat a high protein dinner an have plenty if water, try an stay busy through the day as to try and tire yourself out aswell, your doing the best thing, keep it in the day and if you cant keep it in the day keep it in the hour, your doing so well, x

Hi how u getting on x

Hi

Thats so sweet of yiu to ask. Well,my regime has yaken a holt. I tried half but had about 5 days in 3 days and felt desperate.

I feel like a total failure as i feel being on 14mg Zopiclone now and to me failing as my original plan was to be near enough them by now.

Is this normal? Should i plateu for a month and then lower again for one month?. Takeit slower?

Any thoughts

Hay u r doing great maybe just hold out a bit longer to get your body used to the decrease then taper every few weeks so its a slow taper and your body will cope better x

Hey, Same to you, how long has it been? What i dont want is my partner thinking im a failure or telling them i need 2 for drug seeking.

Do all adicta gwt ao f@@@king PARANOID???