I’m starting over again

I am starting my sober journey again. Today is day 1 and I have tried sobriety so many times. I need it to stick this time.
I feel defeated and tired but I have sober friends I can lean on.

38 Likes

That’s a great decision. Welcome to the community. Lean on the people in here too. Everybody’s been in the same place. :v:

9 Likes

You may feel defeated, but your choice to come here and to friends for support shows you’re determined to take action. Be kind to yourself and take it ODAAT. You’ve got this!

5 Likes

Hi and welcome .please dont feel defeated! Put together a a good plan. Lean on us and your friends that are Sober… it sounds like your friends could be a local support .it sounds like also you got alot of good positive things to use at your disposal of getting to Soberity. Take it slow nice and easy 1 day at a time !!!

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Believe you can and you’re halfway there .Thats half the fight

4 Likes

Glad you found us. This community and aa helped me get and stay sober

4 Likes

It’s important to dig into why you turn back to it. What does it do for you? And is it worth the price?

4 Likes

Welcome, Mary Catherine! You’ve come to good place to meet more sober friends. Virtual, true, but the good thing is that there’s pretty much always someone in the world who’s up and keeping the lights on. :wink:

Truly, though, this place has helped get and stay sober. Read, post, interact, and when a craving comes, reach for your phone and read and post some more. Way better than anything that comes out of a bottle. This thread’s a good place to start. :point_down:

5 Likes

Yea that’s a good question. I need to asses why I have the first drink to begin with.

4 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful community :blush: I hope you find it as invaluable as I do. Congrats on day 1 :tada:

🩵

3 Likes

This community is so supportive, I’m so glad you are here. ODAAT :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome to the site! That’s a great first step towards your goal. Read, read, read, and interact as you want to. Knowing others here and being accountable is helpful to many.

2 Likes

Welcome Mary.
I glad you found us.
Have a good read around. Lots of good stuff here. This app saved my life.

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser](Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser)

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Maybe try ameeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome! I have started over countless times, we can do this. Stay strong you got this :muscle:t4:

4 Likes

Me too day 1 again for me, i know how you feel.

8 Likes

Same…day 1 again. Hopefully this is the last day 1 bc im tired of repeating this cycle. I get sober for months and then I’m “cured”…yeah right. So disgusted with myself. This too shall pass…sigh

9 Likes

Welcome to the community. @Ktd1 and @Smkygal.
Glad you all are here. :v:

4 Likes

Welcome! Day 1 again for me too :heart:

6 Likes