Introduce Yourself

Thank you @Ozdownunder! I can feel your positive vibes already. :slight_smile:

I wish you success throughout your journey of sobriety! :slight_smile: :rainbow:

1 Like

@Anthony !!! Thank you!!! Right back at youā€¦ :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi all my addiction is cocaine. I feel very lucky reading all of your stories in so far as my addiction has not taken over my life yet. I can be fine and not use for weeks at a time and then I get unbelievably strong cravings and urges sometimes triggered by alcohol but not always. Once the thought is in my head I can think of nothing else but cocaine and will binge until I have no money left. I hate the person I become on it. My husband uses with me but I am sure that if I didnā€™t he wouldnā€™t either. I am a bad influence. I know that my addiction isnā€™t anywhere near as severe as some of you but I have woken up this morning after another binge on cocaine and alcohol and decided that this is the day I want to stop. I wonder whether I should quit drinking as well as I always abuse both together. I really want to be strong this time. Iā€™ve tried countless times over the last 5 years but something always triggers it and I canā€™t switch it off!!

4 Likes

I can relate to you a lot. Only my drinking usually starts before work. Iā€™m a restaurant managerā€¦which is difficult in some ways due to the high percentage of alcoholics and drug addicts in the food service industry. But I did experience a taste of the better for about 4 months and it was so awesome.
Stay strong, I think if u can make it one day at a time to start it gets a little easier after the first wk.

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Meg and last night I went out for a civilised curry with my friends. Except I passed out hammered afterwards and the police had to bring me home. My husband was furious. This is the latest in a long list of horrible drunken embarrassments. I started drinking at 17 years ago and I havenā€™t gone longer than 5 days without a drink since. I have a really responsible job, 2 excellent kids and Iā€™m the life and soul of the party. Except when Iā€™m a drunken shambles. Once I start drinking Iā€™ll only stop when thereā€™s none left or I pass out.

Itā€™s all very easy to make noble resolutions the day after but this has to end. Iā€™m just sick of the self loathing. Iā€™m so happy I found this forum.

6 Likes

@Megatron
Welcomeā€¦it is a struggle and you are not alone!
Your heading in the right direction if your feeling the need and the want to stop and sometimes thatā€™s the biggest step.
The first few days are going to be the hardest and no one but you can keep you from drinking but just know that it is possible and you can do it!

Stay strongā€¦stay sober!

1 Like

Thank you! I think Iā€™m really going to need this forum cos my friends donā€™t see any problem with my drinking and I know theyā€™ll encourage me to carry on. Itā€™s lovely already to see the non-judgemental support here

2 Likes

The best thing you can do is tell your friends you quit and ask for them to respect that.
You donā€™t have to explain in detail.
If they ask you to go out drinking with them kindly decline, tell them is family night with your kids or something.
And try not to put yourself any place where alcohol is being served or around people drinkingā€¦at least until you have built up a strength to say no when its around.
Believe me i know itā€™s not easy but itā€™s worth it.
Just think of it as taking a much needed break from that part of life for a while.
Youā€™ll thank yourself later that you did!

4 Likes

The ā€œmuch needed breakā€ advice is brilliant, thank you. Thatā€™s a really positive way of looking at it, Iā€™ll try and keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Hi,

My name is Andy and I am an alcoholic. As of today, I have been sober just over four years (one day at a time).
However, rather than repeat my story here, Iā€™ve put a bit of a blog together (which, admittedly, has been a bit dormant of late) - https://andy15052012.wordpress.com/

Cheers guysā€¦ bestest of best wishes in your recovery,

Andy
xx

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦think Iā€™m going to take a break from all of this competition/battle going on here now.
Feels like people are trying to pull people into choosing sides over something so stupid.
There was never any censorship as their calling it and Iā€™m seriously sick of seeing these constant posts about itā€¦
Feels like middle school all over again.

Stay strongā€¦stay sober!

5 Likes

@Rikk I completely agree with you 110% lol No issues here, just all of us sharing our experiences. The whole point is to encourage one another & like you said itā€™s not a competition. People are free to choose whatā€™s best for their sobriety, we are all adults here! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Hello my name is Hadley. Iā€™ve had this app for a while but never knew there was a forum. I am a recovering opiate addict.

I just recently relapsed my longest amount of clean time, which was 160 days.

Today I have one month and 4 days. Iā€™m having a really hard time at this very momentā€¦ And my emotions are getting the best of me. I really just want to dwell and get high today and itā€™s mind tearing.

I suffer from mental illnesses as wellā€¦ So Iā€™m having a really hard time today and feel so worthless.

4 Likes

Thank you for youre story. I believe you can do it!

Hi guys. Well here I am and here Iā€™m staying. I am scared to post on here as I donā€™t know who can then have access to what I write?

1 Like

@t00ts you have found an amazing place here! Iā€™ve only been on here a couple of days and have found such support and love! I wish you every success we are all rooting for you :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Hi @t00ts
Welcome and yes, youā€™re in the right place and heading in the right direction!
Definitley not an easy journey and at times its hard to stay focused but thatā€™s why were all hereā€¦weā€™re all in this together!

1 Like

@Ash That must be tough working in a restaurant and being around those influences. But like all of us on here, youā€™ve accepted you have a problem and now itā€™s just important to identify and avoid the triggers. Like you said, take it day by day. Thank you for your encouragement and best of luck in your journey. Iā€™ll be right here with you.

2 Likes

Hey @Hadduhhlee just wondered how youā€™re doing??