1 year ago

This time last year I was in a psych facility freezing my ass off wondering if I was gonna be charged with a felony and worrying about missing work and losing my job, I was involuntarily committed by my mom who petitioned to have me put in there. My kids had been removed from our custody by DCS, temporarily placed with my brother and his family. My wife was at the hospital getting looked at and checked over, they thought she might have had a concussion, and she definitely had black eyes and a massive split lip, split by her teeth and the white meat was hanging out.

Today, I got to work on my hobby all day, pick my kids up from school and kiss my wife when she got home. I didn’t worry about being fired, and enjoyed another paid vacation day. My mom and I aren’t just on speaking terms but I’m fully welcomed to her house and she trust me again.

Life’s gone a full 180 in the last year, it’s never been better… fucking evarrrrrr. I didn’t get sober after this, I was just a pissed off angry man beast and I continued drinking for almost 2 more weeks, my rebirthday is on January 20th 2018. I owe my sobriety to God, AA and my IOP counselor. These weren’t the only tools I used to get and stay sober but the most impactful to me.

Keep calm and stay sober folks. The life you always wanted is right in front of you, you just got to actively walk towards it and live it.

26 Likes

Congrats brother. Glad all worked out.

1 Like

Still working man, it works if you work it and I’m worth it so I work it.

2 Likes

You have worked so hard and you’re still doing more for yourself and others every day. Couldn’t be happier for you David :blush:

1 Like

Amazing story congratulations on your hard work and success.

1 Like

Queue the Michael Jackson “eheeeeheee”

1 Like

Such a great post! Thanks for sharing this, it’s truly inspirational :two_hearts:

1 Like

David - thank you for this post. Your gratitude is a beautiful thing to see. I am so happy for you and your family. Your hard work is an inspiration, my friend.

1 Like

Yesssss!! Sobriety is beautiful and it just keeps getting better as long as we keep working on it. Thanks.for the reminder!

1 Like

So wonderful to see your happy story this morning, your an inspiration

1 Like