10 day! How did this happen!?!?!?

So my friend came over and wanted to hang then wanted to get high but she didn’t know where to go…i did…so i offered to take her there and said I wudnt get high…but deep down I was stressing about whether or not i wud actually be able to say no…so to my suprise…when she offered to go get high at another friends I asked to be dropped home. First time in my whole life EVER IN 9 YEARS that I have said no to weed. I cant even explain how shocked I am I actually said no. It wuda been free familiar and given me that release of angst…but i want my day 3! Only 5 hours away. I thought about having to write about a relapse and i didn’t want to dissapoint my sober family (here). I’m actually proud of myself today. Praise God for giving me strength and insight! Amen. 🕇

22 Likes

So proud of you!!! Day 3 here u come! :grinning:

I’m so excited hahaha I wonder what ill be like tomorrow. I already sorta feel weird. Like its almost starting to feel addicting to be sober haha i know my hard cravings will come tonight but atleast I have proved my choice means something and i CAN SAY NO!

3 Likes

Good for you. Each time you say NO you build some sober muscles. And soon you can flex them like a bodybuilder

3 Likes

It was a wild ride to get my year on Dec 15th 2017. It seems the trials and tribulations com near each mile stone for me just be strong and use the tools the programs give you and it is possible. That is what I did and I must keep it up

2 Likes

But the best advice I too from my outpatient program was in the beginning was to take it easy and I though to my self I should take it easy hmmm… ok I’m going to take it easy lol

My will power is lifting is it haha @Chad_R

1 Like

Wahooo! Victory!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the support everyone! 4 more hours to go and I’m at 3 days!!! Today is epic!

HELLA YEAH!!! Couldnt have made it here without you all! …okay so now ive beat my record of 2 days…where shud my next milestone be? A week like on the app?

3 Likes

Thanks hehe u had ur hand in making it happen :slight_smile:

How do i do that??

1 Like

MEAN!!! THATS Exciting!! So day by day even?

So super proud of you. It is so hard early on to say no and you totally did it! Keep it up! Tonight was a huge accomplishment.

1 Like

I dont know if it as meant for me but ima take that haha @LifeUnfolds

1 Like

Totally! I am on day 3 no cigs and man I have forgotten how hard it was to quit. I have stopped all drugs and alcohol for 171 days and the cravings have totally left me.

1 Like

Wow!!! I cant wait to get there! I quit smoking 6 months ago but i spin my weed so i have to keep tallies of my tobacco intake. Tbh quitting smoking was hard for me until I got a vape. First day i bought it i quit smoking on the spot. 3mg nicotine does me just fine and there alot of positive reviews around its efficacy for people trying to quit. Before that day I been smoking a pack or more a day since i was like 18. It’s a good idea to do the online quiz as to why u smoke. It gives u categories you fit into and how best to deal with each. Cause thwyre all different. That knowledge paired with my vape is what rescued me from smokes. That and the big man upstairs 🕇

Yeah I just dont want another crutch. I thought about vape but just ask God for the willingness to quit and the desire to light up was removed.

It didnt take the physical and I know that will take some time but the option of breaking my commitment and reset I dont fear.

1 Like

Good man!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Saying no for the first time after 9 years takes a lot of strength and makes your victory quite special! I like the term ‘building sober muscles’ Chad used, you are indeed getting stronger in sobriety every day.
Very well done, keep going, you’ve got this!

1 Like