1000 Days Thread

Congratulations! You have come a long way and you should really be proud. This is so inspiring. I hope that several 1000 days will follow. Thank you for being here!!

2 Likes

Congratulations Mandi!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations @MandiH! You’ve been such an inspiration to my journey. Thank you for being here and showing us the way. And your photos are very uplifting and beautiful. Keep them coming. :tada: :heart:

2 Likes

This is amazing I remember my first meeting at the back of the room can’t remember a lot that was said that night but was so glad I went well done you on your 1000 days :grinning:

3 Likes

Congratulations @MandiH on your 1000 days of recovery and the promises coming true in your life. :heart:

2 Likes

Today dawned much differently than it did 1000 days ago. I was a shell of a human who thought everyone around me would be better off without me. How many mornings had I promised myself I wouldn’t drink that day? And how many had I blacked out by evening, feeling like a failure once more.

What was different that morning? For one, I knew I would die if I didn’t stop. And for the first time, I knew I couldn’t get sober alone - and I was willing to do anything to stop drinking, even if I had to swallow my false pride to do so.

Thanks to all of you and to the many people in my recovery program who believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself, I live a life I didn’t know was possible. Is it perfect? No. Has sobriety been hard in ways I couldn’t have imagined? Absolutely. Having said that, I am beyond blessed to get to live each day present in each moment. My children do not remember me as a drunk - and that is a priceless gift. I now am able to see the beauty and lessons in life - even if they are difficult. I am no longer eaten up by anger and self-pity. Sometimes, I even feel moments of peace.

I finally believe I am worth a sober life. We all are…every one of us.

Thank you…thank you all…for helping me stay sober, 24 hours at a time.

Much love…

33 Likes

Heck. Yes. @MoCatt! Quadruple digits. :fist_right: :fist_left:

Your honesty through these years has helped me learn better honesty with myself, and your kindness and humor keep it light. Here’s to you, my sober sister. :ice_cream:

2 Likes

And yikes, missed yours @MandiH! You are a force for positivity that has done so much for getting my head in the right place. Well done, sunshine! :sunny:

3 Likes

This makes my heart sing @MoCatt!! I am so very happy you are here and sober and living life in recovery!! And I hope to see you again at the end of the month!! Socially distanced and masked of course. :heart: One love dear friend and super huge congratulations on your 1000!!

4 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS! @MoCatt
Though i have not been around long enough to share your whole journey, you have been a constant throughout mine… And one i have always appreciated.
Rock on, champion.

2a937e1db2af060eeb10acefeb7af898

6 Likes

Awww Holly, this makes my heart so happy to see! Well well done lady! What’s your favorite change in these last 1000 days? I know there are many great ones. So so proud of you! :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks my friend! :heart: You’ll be here before you know it too but today is truly all that really matters. One day at a time, we are all just walking each other home. Glad we’re all walking together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You have been such an inspiration! Congrats

4 Likes

Fantastic! Congratulations… I enjoy your posts… You’re an inspiration as a woman and a mama! Big hugs your way…

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 1000 days of sobriety and welcome to the club. Enjoyed reading your post it just shows that the promises do come true. Much love and respect. :heart:

3 Likes

Got any of that peace for sale? LOL

33.86 lunar cycles
71.43 fortnights
24,000 hours
1,440,000 minutes
86,400,000 seconds

In that time, you have shown each of us how to show up and be of service, how to be compassionate to others, and how to do the right thing, even when every ounce of our own will power says no. The ripple effect in doing these simple acts things has truly changed so many people’s lives for the better, mine included.

Who knew that asking a Goat for advice on how to help another suffering drunk would have caused Goat to stumble into Chapter 23 of Pass It On at just the exact time that it was needed to forever change Goat’s life?

HP truly plays the lila in his own way.

Peace and much love

:goat:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing those lessons with us and the reminder that we can find light in the darkness. I know it has been a long road but so happy to hear that some light is shining through for you :sparkling_heart::sparkles:

3 Likes

Huge congrats! Quadruple digits yay!!!
tenor (1)

4 Likes

Congratulations! That is really great! I can only agree on what you said - no matter what, a sober life is much better! Keep on going. That is an inspiration for all here on TS!

1 Like

Joined the club yesterday

33 Likes