14 days and I feel amazing!

I love how I feel in the mornings! I’m up early, my house is cleaner than it’s ever been, my yard is tended to, I’m cooking nice meals for myself and my son instead of wasting money on Door Dash, my daughter is proud of me and has been so much nicer and supportive, I could go on. Life is good sober!

38 Likes

Great news ! Congratulations on 14 days.

4 Likes

Congrats on your 14 days :sparkler::fireworks::star::fireworks::sparkler:

4 Likes

Congratulations with 14 days sober, i smiled when reading your post, because i feel the same.
It took me a long time to get sober, it was a work in progress for 2 years, but along the way with more and more sober days collected i was estatic…now im over 4 years sober and i feel that same happiness every day.
Keep going!

12 Likes

Love ur post! Its amazing what changes in our lives when we get sober :slight_smile: Proud of you! Congratulations on 2 weeks!!!

7 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

One day at a time, but each day seems to get easier. Am I in a honeymoon stage? Will it get hard again? I am not going to slack on using the daily tools even though I’m feeling so much better, but I wonder if most people go through this utopia phase.

4 Likes

Fantastic
Keep up the good work
Am on day 2 :pray:

4 Likes

Those first 7 were the hardest for me. One day at a time and keep reading, meeting, and meditating!

4 Likes

Great work on you! As for the honeymoon period… maybe, but doesn’t have to feel like that as some have described the pink cloud and then the blah.

I think looking at recovery as a new daily challenge by doing things differently and helping others makes it new & fun. I look at today as a chance to do & be happy, not a grind or anything humdrum as that view can make a person into the dry drunk.

You’re doing wonderful things, mom, for you and yours!

5 Likes

Great work. 14 days is amazing!!

4 Likes

Awesome job!!! One foot in front of the other, life is beautiful and you are built to enjoy every part of it!

4 Likes

Yeah, you do!

Congrats!

4 Likes

Hit 14 days today myself and I’m enjoying the same benefits :+1:well done keep up the good work

3 Likes

14 days was such an important milestone for me too. Seemed like I finally was getting the momentum going. So congratulations :balloon::confetti_ball::tada: and keep up the good work!!

5 Likes

Congratulations well done
Your doing fantastic
Stay positive :pray:

1 Like

Awesome work! Definitely has its ups and downs, but the ups last longer and the downs become more temporary the longer you are sober for :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I used to feel really good after a couple weeks sober and fall into a false sense of security and believe I could have just one, only for it to turn into another year or 2 of binge drinking. Continuing to check in daily, especially during those days and weeks when I felt really good, has been the most crucial thing for me getting to over 100 days AF.

Congrats on your 2 weeks!

1 Like

I need aome of your motivation! I last a week and then old habits creep on back in. It makes me feel defeated.

3 Likes

@Mariposa426 I think it does continue to get easier in terms of that intense effort that early sobriety requires. But then there is the lower level effort to keep complacency at bay. And sometimes life throws us a challenge so we need to double down for a while.

@Sachat68 Welcome! If you know when the addict voice starts to get loud again you can take some precautions. Double down on your tools, go to extra meetings, listen to more podcasts, journal more, etc.

2 Likes

Keep checking back here. Do you Have a plan. Have you tried AA?

1 Like