1st day Here 😊

Sounds great to me @M-be-free49

1 Like

There must be some specific personal goals / raised standards you can establish for yourself that would give you the motivation you are looking for. I feel very similar that I don’t like who I become on binge drinking. I listened to a Tony Robbins video on YouTube about raising standards to create the life you want, etc. It really spoke to me. Once I decided what standards I felt were appropriate for my life, it was clear that alcohol could play no role in succeeding to meet my standards. It has had a pretty significant snow-ball effect. This is me-centered so if I failed to hold myself accountable for meeting my standards, I had no one to blame but myself.

1 Like

Totally get this, thanks. I have told myself that I will not go to work again feeling like I have done on many occasions.

1 Like

@Roundkick thanks for all, I will make a list of things that motivates me to stay sober, things I hate when I am drunk so that can make this easier for me

1 Like

Good for you, @Gabriela!!

1 Like

Welcome! I hope you find what you’re looking for here.

1 Like

Me too here…day 2…any withdrawals??

1 Like

Welcome. I’m proud of you for trying to obtain sobriety.
I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.
i also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if you have any.
Good luck, you’ve got this.

5 Likes

Great too see all you here together, all making the choice to live a better clean and sober life. Best of success to you all!

2 Likes

Welcome Gaby, your first step to being sober, your heading the right direction keep it up let us kow how you are doing in future post. Stay strong and let me know right now who runs your body you or the addiction?

1 Like

Hi @Gabriela and welcome to this magical place! I’m sure it can be an asset to you as it has been to me and so many. Maybe you could add to your list what your aspirations are for areas in your life you wish to go better and how you want to see yourself change. When I got sober there was no end to my marveling at all the ways my life unexpectedly improved. I felt so blessed, I could never have hoped for such fundamental and univeral changes. I literally had no idea how big the problem had been. I wish you strenght on your journey and the same experience of things getting so much better!

1 Like

Welcome welcome :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to all newcomers :grin::+1:
Be here much, it really helps!

Read a lot here I would suggest, there is loads of good information to find here by using the search button above.

2 Likes

@anon89207786 thanks for all the information.

1 Like

youre welcome

Thanks, i am glad to be part of this now @livep9 and now just trying to think I can control that part of me, that I can control this.

Thanks so much @Faugxh is nice to read how being sober can make a great change in your life,I know I can do it and I know you can keep this up.

1 Like

Hello. This is a great place for motivation and inspiration too!

1 Like

I’m finishing up day 4 and tomorrow I’ll be working on day 5. The second day was the hardest for me for some reason-- I was drinking everyday. Welcome :black_heart:

1 Like

Great @slynnei7 today would be my 4th day but is getting harder. You go for a week boy, almost there :muscle::muscle:

1 Like