2,000 day club

So after 40+ years of drinking and drugs, and about a decade of ‘working toward’ sobriety, this happened today…

For those who have been along on this journey, you know my story. For newcomers, these threads tell a little more about my life and journey to sobriety and into recovery…and what worked and continues to work for me.

I remember first coming here and being in awe of people with 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year and more…after so many years of starts and stops, I never never thought that was possible for me. Don’t give up. :heart:

60 Likes

This is (and you are) awesome @SassyRocks Thank you so much for sharing your journey of strength, courage and hope. Inspirational.
Also, thanks for being a long-standing Moderator :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Wowzers! Thank you so much for sharing this accomplishment with us. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from your example. Congratulations on your days - you helped me understand that it’s possible to transform my life, get better and live better, and still be “myself.”

Thank you for all you do as a moderator and a member of this community!

6 Likes

Big hugs for you on this day Sassy! Following in your footsteps and grateful that you’re here. Whatcha gonna do on your 2K day?

4 Likes

Congrats Sas ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is so wonderful! Well done you! I am glad you are here, being an inspiration and also putting effort into supporting others who are following in your footsteps on the app.

4 Likes

Congratulations Sassy! You’re such a big inspiration to me! Wish you peace, health and wellness always!

5 Likes

You’re living up to your name…Sassy does rock!!
So happy to be along with you on this journey.
What an inspiration you are to me and many others

Congratulations!!

v5NFDWRwoyqMGfLlPG

4 Likes

Congratulations! You are a great friend and a tremendous inspiration!

4 Likes

Well done Sassy :tipping_hand_woman: :tada::tada::tada::grinning:

4 Likes

When I grow up I want to be like you! Huge congrats Sassy!

5 Likes

Well done best wishes from Bonnie Scotland

3 Likes

I am really pleased for you and its been a privilege to be able to watch your journey But I don’t suppose you could lend me a £5…

7 Likes

This is absolutely amazing, congratulations :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for showing how it’s done. And that it can be done. True inspiration. :fire::green_heart:

2 Likes

Sassy!!! How incredible! Thank you for all your contributions to the forum :pray: you’re such a wonderful example of growth in recovery!! :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::100:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 2000 days!! Holy shit that’s a lot. You are an inspiration and I appreciate you and your journey :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks so much everyone. It still blows my mind that I am here and sober. And you know, waking up hangover and regret and anxiety free is still an incredible feeling. I appreciate being here on TS and sharing our journeys together. You all help me so much. Thank you!!! :blush:

So far I sent a letter and some commissary items to my brother in prison, sent a card and $1 to our grandson and sent out some ‘hey how you doing, thinking of you’ postcards to friends. Then I attended a yin and restorative yoga class…followed by a little bit of gardening. I am going to finish my lunch and do some baking (date nut bars and an oatmeal fruit breakfast bake). I will top it off with reading 'salem’s lot while lounging in the sun. After a couple days of rain, the sun is a treat!! :heart: A little bit of laundry and dishes in there as well. All very exciting and glamorous!! :upside_down_face: I am so grateful for just plain ole normal days. :heart:

13 Likes

WOW WOW WOW Congratulations @SassyRocks!!! :balloon::tada::confetti_ball::sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Powerful moment, attained only by strength. Also powerful to know you have that much steady, and control. Very imressive, proud of you! :clap:

1 Like