2 Days 11hrs Clean

2 days and 11hra clean. This morning i have woken up with a smile, physically and emotionally. Over 2 days since i used drugs. I do not wish to be too happy as this is a marathon and not a sprint, but i feel a little focused :pray:

I hope this spirit can be passed to others. Lets unite and be strong :+1:

15 Likes

Well done! I’m so happy for you.
I get a ‘pink cloud’ feeling when I’m 4 or 5 days sober where it feels like i can take on the world, like ‘yeah being sober feels great! And its easy!’ But it doesnt last more than a few days and then it’s back to the early stages grind.
Just wanted to flag it so you dont get taken by surprise and go back to using if the same happens to you. You’re doing great!

1 Like

Thank you for your msg Kipper.

A ‘pink cloud’ is a great expression. Can i ask why it doesnt last longer than 3 days for yourself? Is it work, family, social life that forces you back to the early stages?

I think it’s a mix of things - you get through day one and feel really proud of yourself and the sky hasn’t fallen down so you’re doing great.
But then if its complacency or what but suddenly a really strong craving comes and it bursts the bubble and it’s a big shock and that can be enough to push me back to drinking

1 Like

Well done that’s great. You’ve inspired me, I’ve only got 10 hours free of the drink but I am determined to do it this time. :grinning:

5 Likes

That’s great Kasey. I believe we can form a link that cannot be broken. Lets try. Trust me im still feeling the urge but trying so hard to change my life and routine.

Your doing so well :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. We can do this! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Im with you still on my First day After a new low Point. Determination is strong and I will be
as active as possible.

2 Likes

1 day at a time. Let’s do today. :grinning:

1 Like

Well done
Be strong
I am on day 7
Just doing it 1 day at a time

1 Like

Detoxing in hot weather really sucks! Sweats and sugar cravings, not good. :frowning:

I’m on my 4th lolly pop of the day

2 Likes

You’ve just reminded me I’ve got some ice pops in the freezer. Ta. :blush:

2 Likes

Its warm here too but I was in a sauna honestly made my day. Sweated all the toxins out of my body and feel fresh.

I hate detoxing. I know the next 7-10 days are gonna be bad. I will sweat like mad. Once I get to 10 days it usually calms down. I’ve actually had 2 healthy meals so far today. It’s been a long time since I’ve had proper meals. Feels weird but good.

1 Like

Thats great eating is like a miracle when it comes to cravings. Had 3 meals today and Planning more and its just 5 pm here haha. I feel very different this time. Like Im actually adjusting to my new normal, reality. The consequences have been made painfully clear to me and my whole family on my last relapse . Its life and death and beyond and Im glad were in this together were gonna make it! Beautiful dog btw is it yours

1 Like

Lol. I get loads of compliments on my picture. Unfortunately it’s not my dog, just my favourite breed of dog. I’ve had dogs but they are a massive commitment, do have a cat now. She has a cat flap so can suit herself. I literally have not are 3 meals in years. Want to get healthy now. Drinking caused me a lot of shit over the years and cost me dearly. Time for change!

1 Like

Shes cute. I have a cat too should find a photo. I feel like eating healthy makes recovery easier. We can repair the damage faster by getting the nutrients we need for the replenishment. Junk food and sweets mess me up and I feel anxious of that. Still cant stop eating sweets though haha

1 Like

I have to have a sweet treat, can’t give up sugar completely. Couple of biscuits a day. I’m really craving grilled chicken and stir-fry at the moment. And sweets! In the early days I just eat whatever I want to/ need to. Priority is to stay off the drink, sort my diet out later.

Congrats blood…