2 days sober wish me luck new on here

2 days sober wish me luck new on here

10 Likes

I’m right along with you. It’s been 56 hours for me and counting. Stay strong and keep counting the minutes if you have to. :heart:

4 Likes

I made my own luck, action breeds positive results.

I went back to AA, I attended IOP with an addiction counselor, I saw a personal therapist, I walked 10-15 miles a day and I prayed. All of these things have led me to my current 362 days of sobriety and happiness.

The more you work towards your goal of being a better you, the further you’ll move away from the person you were.

Welcome to the group, hope to see you contribute and make your sobriety stick.

10 Likes

Thank you and yes I started my first AA meeting a few days ago and going back Tuesday for a begginers meeting… great group of people and very inspirational. @CaptAZ

9 Likes

Stay strong I know I can not do this myself!!! But WE CAN!! @Sophie2019

1 Like

@Becsta yes aa and I’ve been iop relapsed 10 year struggle!!! Aa is awesome and you all are amazing god bless. Peace love and understanding

3 Likes

I find that sobriety is much like exercise or eating your vegetables: it’s unpleasant at first, but the longer you do it, the more joy you get from it. Just the knowledge of how good it is for you makes you want to stick with it. Addiction is a motherf* that we think we’re not strong enough to fight. Sobriety is like training, every day we get stronger and are more prepared for the fight. You got this

3 Likes

Well said @Mech12!

Nailed it right on the head!!! @Mech12
Thanks for the kind words and support

My bands goin on tour in Europe. what a trying year this shall be!!!

Hello my friend… Very well done on 2 days. A huge step in the right direction.

I am 1 day at a time person . Yesterday is gone. Tomorow is not here yet. That leaves me but today. One day to be sober. Those 1 days have now reached over 10,000 days. I say that to show hope and lead the way.

Just for today I will be sober with you John.

1 Like

Congrats on deciding to be sober, and welcome :blush:

1 Like

What’s your plan to stay sober? White-knuckle? Meetings? Books? Podcasts? Accountability partner? Sponsor?

How will you increase your odds? Have you measured the stakes?

1 Like

Good luck. Day 6 here!

Welcome here! :bouquet: