2 more days makes 30 days clean from Suboxone

After the battle from hell, I’ve finally turned the corner. Suboxone should be a temporary solution, and removed after short term use. For 10 years, I used 8-12 mgs a day, and getting off was an absolute nightmare. I just want to say that if I could do it, so can you…and if you’re on this site, you came to the right place. The people here are so supportive and had gotten me through some really dark shit this last month. I’ve never experienced a withdrawal so intense, so painful, so soul crushing. Don’t let the orange demon control you any longer, sober living is where it is at. I will continue to come here for as long as this site is operational, because it’s now an important part of my recovery. I’m still not ready for meetings, as in my area…meetings are more of a meet up spot for people looking to score. I’m by Camden/Philly…and it’s rough, so to avoid the situation, I come here…and communicate openly with my wife about everything. 30 days is a really big deal for me, and I just want to leave off saying that if your struggling and feel like there is no hope, I was there and support will get you through the dark times. Utilize this site, it’s amazing. Have a wonderful night everyone!!!

16 Likes

What is subxorone?

I wish more people saw this message. I feel like doctors aren’t clear with patients about how hard it is to come off.

6 Likes

Is that like a pain killer or drug

I know I explain how it works to cover the opioid/MU receptors and its affinity to them. I also shoot for half the time a person got high on a daily or near daily basis they should expect to be on near half of that time or a min of 2 years before we taper off. And, I do a 1mg reduction monthly over 8 to 10 months. No one needs to fucking crash down 4 mg from one day. That’s unnecessary shitty medicine.

4 Likes

So it like a drug then

2 Likes

Oh, and suboxone (buprenorphine & naloxone) is a medication that stops cravings in folks addicted to opiods, yet it gives no euphoria. Works okay for pain and is a mother fu%*ker to get off of.

3 Likes

Oh I see glad never took the mediation then

2 Likes

Suboxone is another form of big pharma keeping us addicts. Glad you broke the chain and freed yourself

5 Likes

It’s an opioid antagonist, used to help us addicts get off heroin/ opiates. Problem is, it’s like trading one addiction for another. As bad as this sounds, I’d rather go through heroin detox 3x over, then ever again go through suboxone withdrawal. It’s absolutely amazing how Drs don’t inform people attempting to get clean, that it should be used sparingly and for short term. The orange demon is no joke to kick, and luckily I made it out on the other side.

2 Likes

Oh k am.glad u trying get off that

2 Likes

I went cold turkey, and it was absolutely brutal. Live and learn I guess, but it was another animal to kick. I’m talking 20+ days of MAJOR stomach issues/ INSANE night sweats, hallucinations of shit coming out of me do to insomnia, and the worst part is, the NON stop kicking of your legs. You can’t get comfortable and it took 25+ days just to finally get somewhat of a normal sleep. The orange demon is exactly that, and should be talked more in detail when Drs prescribe that crap to unexpected people. The goal is to get clean, not trade one addiction for another.

5 Likes

Fully agree with all you’re putting out here. I’m glad you’re on the other side. I explain to folks that the shit is tough to get off. 3 times the force to lock onto receptors, shit ton harder to get off of every time. What’s the most important thing? Helping people get away from the dope man, staying alive & working with them on a solid base of recovery, I think. Sleep better & keep getting better, Duane.

2 Likes

Thanks for your share I know this battle all to well I’ve been prescribed a methadone script for 18y long years I’ve failed 3 attempts of coming off this green liquid and I’m shortly attempting it one last time, I was months feeling right off that shit, I see so many post about subutex that’s what it’s called in uk and tbh I’ve been told to move over to it to come off the green but what I have read it seems to be just as harsh to come off. I take my hat off to you I know that pain all to well, keep going and never look back. :pray:

2 Likes

Jeez,…I thought that was just something they used in rehab for a couple of weeks…?..(from rehab experience with other lodgers having that to stop withdrawals off heroin)…is that the same stuff?..think in UK it’s called subutex… sorry if I’m totally incorrect…they were a bit itchy and had hot showers to help if I remember correctly…she was only on it for a few weeks tho… maybe less…

2 Likes

I have had subutext or however you spell it. When I couldn’t get Sub strips, or ran out…I had women friends who were pregnant. For one reason or another they give Subutext instead of suboxone to pregnant women. Honestly I didn’t see a difference but thinking it may have to do with the make up of the drug it self. Different chemicals? Maybe someone else could elaborate more on this for you as my info is just rambling lol, but I recommend staying far away from either. Once it grips you, it doesn’t want to let you go.

1 Like

Yes she hadn’t long had a baby, :thinking::thinking::thinking: anyhow… keep trucking :pray::heavy_heart_exclamation::pray::heavy_heart_exclamation::pray:

1 Like

This is amazing news bro. It took me 30 days also to turn the corner and see the withdrawals start to fade. In another month you’ll be feeling great. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

There’s no naloxone in subutex. It’s basically just bupe.

8 Likes

I almost got addicted to k2

It’s the worst

I was going to message you

I thought here was best though

Gotta keep it real to get better

4 Likes