2 years sober and what helped me to get there:

I love this! Thank you for sharing. I am hoping to be where you are in my future. Good thoughts.

1 Like

Omg you’re right lol. Yes I first started in October 2018. That’s crazy to think I would be at 3 years now if I had stuck with it, oooff… :disappointed:

1 Like

I know the feeling. The first time I was sober I quit together with a small group of people. Only me and another one stayed sober in that pact. After 5 years sober I relapsed but she is still sober. She is almost 10 years sober! If I didn’t have had my relapse so would I.
It’s not helping me looking at her sober days, I have to focus on mine…but I understand you!

1 Like

Me three here, I first got into recovery (not by choice exactly) March 2017 met a fellow nurse in rehab. He is now 4 years clean and I have 98 days…

How? He believed and did everything he was told at rehab and in NA. He got a sponsor and worked the program diligently. Whereas I was in and out of the program, no sponsor for most of it, didn’t believe what was taught, had reservations etc etc. Thought I could do it alone.

I really hope this time round I am much more humble and can put together serious clean time without relapse. At least I have my friend to look up to (and lots of great ppl on here!)

3 Likes

Is there a way to save a post that I find helpful? This was great. I’d like to keep this info at my fingertips. Thank you for sharing it.

3 Likes

You can book mark it.
Hit the 3 dots down below on the right and you’ll see this.

Click on the thing I tried to circle in blue. And it gives you a book mark. And it will save it for.
Of course then you got to be able to find it later.
Good luck.

1 Like

Your’e welcome! :blush:
It helped me a lot, still sober. Almost 4 years now.
I hope it will help you as much!!
And thanks as well for @SinceIAwoke who shares this tread.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hope you didn’t mind me butting in on your thread.
I figured you were on vacation and your stuff is so good. Someone might have needed it.
I hope your still have fun in Turkey.
That 9 hour bus ride at night sounds dreadful.
:pray:t2:

1 Like

I didn’t mind at all Eric.
That busdrive was as horrible as it sounded. I thought I could sleep a bit, but I could not.
Loud Turkish music till 2.30 in the night :see_no_evil:
I had ear plugs but that didn’t help.
Now 3 days of chill time in a quit appartment 15 minutes of walk from the sea.
Then 2 days of travel to get home.

This is my view right now.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, and congrats on 2 years!

1 Like

Thank you!
It’s an old tread so almost 4 years now :blush:

3 Likes

I already used this advice and I’m Only on day 2. I was really thinking I’d like to meet up with my friends for happy hour. I was thinking I’d just get a pop. But I’m gonna skip it instead of tempting fate and peer pressure.

Then I took myself down the street for a sweet treat from the coffee shop instead. That way I still got to be outside and do something fun. Tbh it hit the spot and it made me realize it’s too dang hot to be sitting on a patio right now! :joy::joy::joy:

All in all this thread might be my new Bible. “WWSWD” what would sober walker do? Lol

4 Likes

:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:
You made my day: WWSWD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Right now? In bed with my phone and TS. It’s 22:36 here. Had a busy vacation day.

But glad this tread helped! :sunglasses::tada:

3 Likes

I really love this. Thank you so much for sharing :blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :blush:

1 Like

Proud of you on over 5 years now! I remember when I first got into this app in 2018 and we had both gotten sober right within a month of each other. Unfortunately I relapsed several months later which turned into another 3 year on and off again binge. I often think how different things would have been had I just stuck with it the first time. I wish I had and that we were still on the same time tock journey! However, I did commit to sobriety again fully in 2021 and will be 3 years in September. I know it is different this time because I’ve never been sober this long in my life since I started drinking when I was 17.

5 Likes

How good it is to hear from you!
I know how it feels to compair yourself :sweat: I went sober I think 12 years ago together with at least 5 people on a Dutch sober website. All together on the same date in november. Only two managed to get sober me and another women. I relapsed after 5 years of sober time but she is still sober. I still go and check sometimes at that Dutch app group if she still is sober. It’s stupid that I do it because I never can chase her unless she relapses and I do not want her too.
Congratulations with your 3 years sober and let’s keep doing what we are doing. Proud of the both of us!!

3 Likes

Absolutely! Super proud of you for where you are and am happy to hear you have stuck with it and not relapsed either. I just wanted you to know that there were some chats early on in the forums that we had back and forth that were definitely helpful. :blush: I feel like if I had stayed on here and talked more when I was struggling I would have made it through without relapsing. I’ve honestly discovered how much resilience I was harboring for so long over the last few years of my sobriety, because I have definitely been through things that were the hardest I’ve ever been through and still remained committed to sobriety. It’s the one thing in my life I’ve actually been able to feel like I have control over, so it’s important.

2 Likes

Thank you :hugs:
And indeed: so many things we do not have control over but with drinking we have control. By not drinking. Because if I do I loose control :blush:

2 Likes