2 years sober and what helped me to get there:

I understand it’s difficult, because it is. But the only one who can change your situation is you. My husband drinks too, but he can have just one. And here in the Netherlands there is a lot of drinking too. But when we are still in the beginning of recovery we like to focus on what we can not have. If you have more sober days you will cherish all the things you gain by not drinking. At least I do.
Maybe you can find some extra help by your doctor to help you with detox?

5 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS on your 2 year soberversary, I am soooo proud of you and its been a pleasure to walk this journey with you love! :heart: So so SO awesome!! I hope you were able to celebrate your amazing accomplishment some way fun!

What’s been your favorite change in the last 2 years Claudia?

4 Likes

My “stolen” houres in the morning:
Just me, my cat, a cup of black coffee and a clear head. Everything quiet and a whole day ahead of me.
And I wanna name another one: beside a clear head a more calm head. No more fightings in there about when, where and how much I should drink or not. My head is mine again :hugs:

9 Likes

Thank you for answering :heart:
I know I will make it one day, maybe joining a sober group here…
thank you for sharing your story, it has meant a lot to me.
Brava!

2 Likes

Great job, thank you for sharing your journey and knowledge.

2 Likes

Congratulations… nice … keep up!!

2 Likes

Congrats… and Thank You!!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing it! It so helpful. :lion::+1:

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks You!

1 Like

Congrats! Your post is so inspiring

1 Like

I love this, so inspiring! I’ve made notes :purple_heart: congratulations!

2 Likes

Buts awesome job!!! Congratulations

1 Like

I keep it in my and focused to the point that I wasn’t born to drink even a sip. Never again.

1 Like

Excellent tips. I did lots of those for my first 3 month stint.
Well done on your sobriety

1 Like

I do so admire you for sticking through and hitting your two years. I remember when we both started our sober journey around that time two years ago… of course I relapsed quite a few times since then and am approaching day 60 now, though I hope to say two years someday too. You are truly an inspiration, and I appreciate you sharing your journey!

3 Likes

Thank you very much! It’s even more than 2 years now: 3 years :sweat_smile: This message above was from me 1 year ago and still sticking to my way of life since.
Keep on going lady! I’m in recovery since 9 ore 10 years. I got my share of relapses as well.
And we are all 1 glass away from disaster :wink:

4 Likes

And 60 days is awesome!! :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

I love this! Thank you for sharing. I am hoping to be where you are in my future. Good thoughts.

1 Like

Omg you’re right lol. Yes I first started in October 2018. That’s crazy to think I would be at 3 years now if I had stuck with it, oooff… :disappointed:

1 Like

I know the feeling. The first time I was sober I quit together with a small group of people. Only me and another one stayed sober in that pact. After 5 years sober I relapsed but she is still sober. She is almost 10 years sober! If I didn’t have had my relapse so would I.
It’s not helping me looking at her sober days, I have to focus on mine…but I understand you!

1 Like