2 years sober and what helped me to get there:

Two years and two days! What beautiful numbers lady! Huge congrats. Excellent work. Thanks for all you brought and bring here. Dikke knuffel.

3 Likes

Two years if getting better at getting better! Keep getting after it!

2 Likes

You know I read it all. Youā€™re awesome and sober AF, Claudia! I want your sobriety secrets.

Thank you for sharing this, and congrats on 2 years. :hugs: :partying_face: :ice_cream:

4 Likes

Congratulations for you too Lisa!! Did you treat yourself with something good? I know I did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Congratulations @SoberWalker!

Youā€™ve always been a shining example of goodness.
:+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I guess the biggest change is that I got proove I allways will be addicted. I can never drink.
Iā€™ve proven it to myself by drinking after 5 years of sober time. I thougt I could drink now and then because I had no cravings and urges anymore.
Guess what? They were right back to me after I drank a few times. I manage to do moderate drinking for a couple of weeks but it was hard work to keep it with a few drinks. It increases rapidly after that. So now I now this is it. I have to live sober and besides I find it hard sometimes that gives me peace as well.
I found the second year easier than the first one. The first year I was here every day and focussed on my amount of sober days. My days are still important to me but I have to look them up to know on wich day I am. I less active on TS and thatā€™s ok to me. Iā€™m busy living my life :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Well done on 2 years that is fantastic! Keep it going :grin:

2 Likes

Congratulations Claudia on your 2 years :birthday::chocolate_bar: that is fantastic!! I am so proud and happy for you. I love the way you put everything. And this topic you have created will be such a beneficial thread of support for everyone. I for one, never thought one day at a time would work. But Iā€™m not drinking today. And Iā€™m probably not drinking tomorrow. And that is whatā€™s working for me.
Thanks for the wonderful share. And everyone elseā€™s comments.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you Claudia. I had some cake and brownies. Iā€™m still thinking about what kind of gift I want to buy myself. Maybe a nice handbag.

2 Likes

So proud of you @SoberWalker! :blush:

Congratulations!!

2 Likes

I read it all! Such great advice! Congrats on 2 years of sobriety. I just downloaded that podcast too! Thank you for all your help and support! I hope you have a great prize in store for yourself for completing your 2 years! :tada::gift::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 2 years!

2 Likes

Youā€™re a pillar to the community, appreciate your input, care and empathy.

Congrats on getting to 2 years again, letā€™s do another day sober in celebration

5 Likes

@SoberWalker Thatā€™s simply marvelous! Thank you for the share, I appreciated reading all of your words of wisdom. You make it all seem really real and possible. :heart::muscle:t4::+1:t4:

2 Likes

:partying_face::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::partying_face::tada::confetti_ball::balloon::partying_face::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

2 Likes

Well done Claudia - You have been a huge inspiration to me in this journey. I always appreciate your shares about your experience and perspective. :sparkling_heart::bird:

2 Likes

Congrats!! Thank you for sharing!!

2 Likes

@SoberWalker Iā€™m not on here as much as I used to but when I am I love reading your posts and get a lot from them. Thank you for all you do and congratulations on 2 years. :birthday::tada::heart:

4 Likes

well done! great and congrats.
Your presence here supported me a great lot already in the beginning time I was here. :heart:

2 Likes

Oh how helpful this is!!! In the last month I was on day one every two days. :weary:
I canā€™t make it. Unfortunately my husband drinks beer every night, sometimes during the afternoon as well. He has been diagnosed Parkinsonā€™s disease despite his young age. Beer helps his tremor. I canā€™t ask him not to drink for the moment. But I am having one bottle a day every fā€¦g day. I am tired of booze. I want to become sober. In Italy is all but easy to do so. Here everyone drinks, but they do it normally, when I have a glass I go for the bottle.
I am giving a horrible example to my childrenā€¦
:disappointed:

4 Likes