20 days so proud!

Hey everyone.

New to this but 20 days into my sobriety. I am a heroin addict. I used for around 3-4 years. Finally, on day 20 I’m starting to get my energy back. Its been a bitch to feel so unmotivated everyday. But as cliche as it may be taking it one day at a time has been keeping me on the right path. Just making it through the day and not letting myself look too far into the future keeps my anxiety stable as well.

If anyone has any advice/words of wisdom. I’m all ears. Anything to motivate me to stay on this path really.

I’m at a point where I’m feeling good about my sobriety and I’m proud of myself but we all know tomorrow could be different. Looking forward to talking to any of you going through similar situations!
Xo

12 Likes

Congratulations and keep going!!! And welcome to the forum

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello and welcome here Casey 🙋
Glad you found us!
This is a great community with loads of help. You have to do the work, but we’re here to help.
My advice? Come here when you have cravings and talk about it. And be here as much as you can. I put TS on my phone and I’m here almost every day since my day one 557 days ago.
Congratulations with your 20 days clean!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Good for you Casey! Congratulations on 20 days - that’s a wonderful achievement :innocent:

My only advice would be join meetings & start working a program - it could be a twelve-step program, or more of a toolkit program like in SMART Recovery. There are lots of ideas here:
Resources for our recovery

With the current virus situation a lot of people are doing virtual meetings - this platform is great for that:

Working a program helps you understand yourself and get to root causes, and solutions for long term sobriety.

Welcome to the community Casey! Looking forward to seeing you around :innocent:

2 Likes

It always makes me happy and smile when I see a fellow heroin addict join up here who is working on recovery. I don’t know what you do or have done in terms of working on it but I always recommend NA meetings though that would currently have to be online during these tough times and read around this forum there is a wealth of information just waiting for you to take in! Welcome to the community! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good on you keep that a train a moving

Full steam ahead toot toot :v:

1 Like

Welcome and congrats!! 20 days is hard and a lot to be proud of!!!

My advice is to read everything you can here, starting with the info in the thread below…it is time consuming and informative and can give you some good tips. Of course the world is a little screwy right now, so make adjustments for that. :upside_down_face:

Frequently Asked Questions

2 Likes