20 hours in

So I tried the other day but fell off. I dont even really know why… But here I am. 20 hours off the needle. Determined. I need to fix my life. Its so hard knowing that everyday will get worse and worse until the breakthrough around day 5 where it starts to get better. But I want my life back. Any feedback or helpful words or just anything will help…

12 Likes

Hi Cam, I’m glad you’re here. I don’t know anything about that drug but I truly hope you can beat it. Stick around!

1 Like

Glad you are here - this is a great community and I found it useful to spend a LOT of time reading here.

Hardest thing I ever went threw my entire life. I had to go on suboxone I wasn’t able to kick cold Turkey it was too painful for me. I wish you the best just know there is an end to the suffering eventually.

1 Like

I was never on the needle, or heroin in general, but I fully understand that pain you’re going thru(from morphine, oxys, and pans(<the worst)). You are right tho, as I’ve been thru opiate withdrawal countless times, it seems that 5 days(maybe a bit more) is it. In the beginning. Make it thru the worst of those symptoms and it’ll be better. But I suggest a program to keep you motivated to stay clean, bc its a head game after that. I know the mental side of it, and why you’ve gotten to this point, is the real question. I still dont even know the answer. But I still search. Bc we all deserve to live our best life. No matter what it takes. Keep going, thru this hard time, bc hopefully you’ll never have to feel this way again. Best of luck :green_heart:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this would help, but it’s worth a try-Try making a schedule for yourself for the first week. Every minute be doing something scheduled. Make sure you have a nice bedtime so that at the end of the day, you can feel accomplished and strengthened for the next. Allow your schedule to have support scheduled in too, like a meeting or a certain amount of time on here. Schedule your shower, meals, walks, work, TV time, etc. See if that will get you passed the first five days and take it from there. I think you can do it :heart: I have faith in you!

1 Like

If you don’t know then how are you going to prevent another relapse? Identifying all the triggers and learning to manage them is key to sobriety IMO.

1 Like

Hi Cam, I hear you brother. I hear your heart and your mind, so lost and confused by years and years of addiction. There are so many people here who have been through the same thing. You are not alone.

It is on minute, one hour, one day at a time. You need help. You need to find a group and seek help from them. Talking Sober is like a meeting in your pocket. Other groups:
https://virtual-na.org/

And there are many resources for readings and groups here:
Resources for our recovery

Your “addict brain” will try to play tricks on you. That sneaky f*cker will try to tell you “it’s time”, “just a bit won’t hurt”, “c’mon, you want some, what the hell”.

He’s wrong. He is lying right to your face. But you can beat it: you listen, and you let it flow right past you - like boats on a river. You are seated on the bank. You see the boats, you hear them. You do not have to get aboard. Let the thoughts pass. Let the feelings pass. They always do.

This, too, shall pass.

You may need medical support. I’m not sure what your drug is but some drugs are safest to recover from under the support of a medical doctor. If that’s the case, don’t hesitate to visit your doctor or the nearest clinic, and get the support you need.

This is your journey, your quest. You’re like Frodo trying to destroy the One Ring. You are on a quest where you have to press on, one step at a time, one day at a time, and never, ever give up. Have faith in yourself, brother. Have faith in your sober community, and in your doctor.

Take care brother - and keep checking in. Looking forward to seeing you around! :innocent:

3 Likes

Hey bro, I feel your pain and know what your going through. I kicked heroin about 10 years ago and it was the most difficult but best thing I’ve ever done in my life. Take a lot of hot bathes and as hard as it’s going to sound, see If you can be active and move around. It makes the kick way worse when your just laying in bed. I also suggest trying to get some clonidine if you can because it really helps with the cold sweats and chills. The kick will peak at day 3 but by day 5 you WILL feel better. Trust me man, your making the best decision of your life right now and you will be amazed at how beautiful life is when your not a slave to dope. Message me if you need to talk any time bro. I believe in you.

4 Likes

You hang in there. I’ll hang in there with you. Life is what we make of it and we need to make it better. B strong. Be brave.

1 Like