2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

I’ll be carrying mine. It’s part of the experience. If a jobs worth doing then it’s worth doing right.:rofl:
@Frantasticooo, I’m sure you can find a nice hotel. But it does kinda take the fun out of it! :rofl:
Get outta your comfort zone girl.

3 Likes

These pictures of the tundra… last minute plans for snowshoeing in Yosemite this weekend. Hoping to not freeze to death! :cold_face:

2 Likes

Sounds like fun UK TS friends! For now I’m looking forward to my Texas holiday late March and some hiking in the far southwest of the state. This is the outlook from the south rim of the
Chisos mountains in Big Bend NP 3 years ago. Would love to do that hike again and I very well might.

12 Likes

For the west highland way? When we we do it my boyfriend will transport our stuff between hotels/b&bs. Figure a 100 mile walk is enough without carrying four days worth of food etc!

For a one night TS hike though I’d be ok packing light and carrying stuff I reckon!

Watch out for werewolfs lol

4 Likes

Done what?

Nope. Love to one day.
The only thing I’ve done in Scotland is Ben Nevis.

1 Like

Most definitely. I’ll always carry everything I need. Don’t trust anyone else to carry it for me.:joy:

1 Like

Ok not so much hiking but I had my hiking boots on.
Some days just walking a few miles is tough in new England. Dang this freezing weather.

12 Likes

Love the trees.

1 Like

Wow, that looks really nice, but cold is not my friend :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Cold is not my friend either but if I want to hike and walk I have to bundle up and just get out there. :snowman_with_snow::snowflake:
I never would have done this sober lol

3 Likes

It’s the mall I live by. Never so glad to see those trees. I was frozen by then

1 Like

Sunday morning in the Peak District

11 Likes

Great picture! I am from the States, but was in Utrecht last year. Beautiful place.

1 Like

@DarrenUK what app are you using to plot these hikes? Wish I was in the UK to join you all @siand this sounds like fun! Be sure you all post lots of pictures.

1 Like

It’s called Outdoors GPS- looks like it’s only for the U.K. though. £34.99 a year subscription

Ordinance Survey do a similar one

2 Likes

@Stac
You might want to give Komoot a look.
https://www.komoot.com/
It has lots of hiking & biking & camping routes people have already loaded.
You can also create your own.

3 Likes

Agreed it sounds like great fun but I don’t think I can manage to get there from the US. I’ll stick to training for my 5k race next month for now. My husband thinks we need to work towards a 10k. I’m not sure about that.

1 Like

Where too.