2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

Hey guys, just jumping in here after being directed from another post by @anon12657779. Newly sober for the 100th time but determined this time. Used to do loads of hiking until I became uninterested in life due to the booze. My usual walking areas are Northumberland (home), the Lakes and Yorkshire Dales. Would be great to get fit and get back out there.

6 Likes

Check my schedule have anew business to run in Glasgow and also helping my ex foreman start his business aswell , sheila and i go walking were i live now were out in the sticks and i think at my age a softer approach in walking is a must lol but im sure you yung uns will enjoy ,

4 Likes

Well when you make it to the UK we will be sure to organise another one :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It’s not like Helvellyn at all- did you do striding edge?

It’s Hilly but no sheer drops like that :+1:

Same thing happened to me. I went to Ibiza the day after and couldn’t dance for the whole week.

1 Like

I’d like to visit Scotland one day I’m a New Zealander with Scottish heritage. Dirt poor tho

1 Like

I am so freaking envious of y’all! Love to hike and love the Highlands…but alas…am solidly in the US with two little ones these days. :grin: My great-grandfather immigrated to the States from Skye. Give me a few years and I"ll hop across the pond and join you!

3 Likes

Hiked from my own front door to and through Waterland north of Amsterdam. My favourite polder landscape . Went from sunny to foggy, it stayed very quiet. Just babbling geese, quacking ducks and chittering starlings and sparrows. Loved it.

9 Likes

I live on a farm here. Make you a deal if you come to nz in the summer you can come camp on our farm or stay in the house if there’s room (farms very beautiful haha and if I go to Scotland I can camp at yours :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got a back garden in the west Midlands. We live at the bottom of a lovely hill and not far from the Cotswolds and the Malverns. Loads of walking!
:+1:

Ran across this beautiful young lady while hiking today

3 Likes

Wish Utah wasn’t so far away, sounds like a blast!

Went up the wee hills of Yosemite this weekend. Just lovely.

More than a bit jealous of you lot. Have an awesome trip out there!

18 Likes

Sweet, hiking in the Peak District is on my list this year. Any suggested routes?

1 Like

Wee hills?? Wee hills? Eke?

2 Likes

Proper check out the edges

Stanage, Froggatt, Curbar, Baslow :+1:

1 Like

Thanks man :+1:t4: u done any of them?

Going to coledale Lake District in July they are circular routes as well, got a few books on trails will have to check it out again, but as @DarrenUK said Wales has a lot of good trails, Breakon is always a good option. Next year Ben Nevis :grin:

2 Likes

That’s beautiful! We did Yellowstone in 2014 and Yosemite is now on my list. Definitely need to get up there. So beautiful!

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UK Peak District Hike - 16th May 2020