2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

What else can you do with an extra day eh?
I know, let’s go climb a mountain! Twice.
So, we did.
Battled the elements. Snow and ice underfoot whilst the wind tried to harm us by either blowing us off or pelting us with icey needles that stung bare flesh. Because of the conditions what was supposed to be 8 hours turned to ten.
Great day, can’t wait for my next trip.

15 Likes

WOW!!! Beautiful pics… but is that really ’hiking’? Looks like mountaineering :flushed::sweat_smile::joy::kissing_heart:

Edit: i just re-read. Yup, you climbed a mountain. Twice :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

In my book there’d be ropes involved if it was mountaineering.:joy:

3 Likes

How could I not share a couple from yesterday’s hike with @aircircle and @Dejavu?

There was some debate about whether it was a cool day or a warm day. So I’d say just right!

14 Likes

Wow, Geoff! Cool to break the green line and head into that snow. That’s awesome.

1 Like

It was a warm day with a brisk breeze, perfect weather for a walk about!

11 Likes

Excuse me. You met up with Ariel and Dan? How come I didn’t know about this huh?
That’s amazing. Well done guys!

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Of course I’m nowhere near them even though I’m in the states. Looks like a lovely hike too!

3 Likes

Wow awesome! Which route did you do? Guessing Crib Goch off limits in that weather?

Yeah unfortunately.
Parked up at the carpark at the start of the Watkins. Up the Watkins then off track a bit for a scramble that ran up and parralel to the Watkins.
Back down the miner’s to the cafe at pen y pas.
Back up the Pyge avoiding Crib Goch and then down the ridge to the south of the summit back down to the opposite side of the valley to the Watkins.
Nice little bimble.:astonished:

1 Like

You went up the same path I did but on Friday it was horrible weather! Didn’t manage to get to the summit

I was wondering what had happened to you. It was bloody hard going.

Yh attempted it with my friend but some guys before us came back down and advised against it. They said they could barely see in front of them lol so we went up as far as we could and turned BK. Glad u got up there tho.

Sometimes it’s best to think safety. I’ve turned back on Scarfel Pike before. The conditions were crap and some of the party wasn’t coping too well.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s important to feel comfortable and not push it. I’ve done scafell pike with a guide. I’m going back beginning of April anyway so should be better conditions then.

1 Like

It’s been a while! Went out to pick some wild garlic, walk along the river and enjoy the sunshine. Around 6.5 miles.

5 Likes

Met up with a sober friend, went for a walk. About 7 or 8 miles I think. Lovely weather (at last) and good to get moving.

8 Likes

A lovely walk in the Peak District today :heart:

6 Likes

Ditto

7 Likes

If you’re ever looking for a walking buddy let me know :walking_woman::grinning:

1 Like