2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Healing for all of you. Sad story. Glad you are here and finding control, @Cherrijam

1 Like

Chris, welcome! You’re in the right place.

First of all, congratulations on your 6 months! That’s no small feat and it’s a marker that many, unfortunately, never reach.

I joined this forum in mid-2018 once I had enough of drinking and the harm it was doing to me. I haven’t had a sip since, and it’s in no small part thanks to the advice, support, friendship, and camaraderie of this forum and it’s members. I’ve met some wonderful friends here, ones from all over the globe.

I hope this forum can be the same kind of place for you that it has been (and continues to be) for me.

Take care.

2 Likes

I am very new to this app, community and jist started AA. I am on day 7. My doc is alcohol and have a tempted to quit many, many times in my life, especially in the last year. I have certainly learned that if I don’t, things are going to get really bad and I truly have no control over alcohol. I originally joined the app for the day count, but also learned that the opposite of addiction is connection, thus, I am trying to establish as many sober connections as possible. I would love to be able to use this community frequently and am still figuring out how that might work with all of the different threads, etc. Ah, and my name is Margaret. I hope to be able to connect with a lot of you and thank you for being here.

7 Likes

Hi I’m sabrina, and I’m a woman in early recovery! My DOC is meth, my sober date is 12/12/20. I graduated from treatment 4/5/21, now I’m in sober living and loving my life at the moment!! I have 4 daughter’s and this was my first weekend w them in over 4 months! I’m taking in every single moment, I tucked my 5 yr old in and actually cried because I feel so happy a blessed I can still be a part of there lives, my heart is full tonight :heart:

11 Likes

You rock Sabrina. Keep it up please

Hi Margaret :wave: congratulations on your 7 days that’s HUGE!
And @Sabrina37 :wave: great job on your recovery from meth. What a battle that is.

Welcome to this incredible forum. Lots of great people all over the place on all the threads.
I find my strongest tool in sobriety to be gratitude. I never miss a day posting on Daily Gratitude List #2
Lots of wonderful people on there grateful for the precious gift of sobriety. Coffee is alway on and the door is always open.
And the Checking in daily to maintain focus #29 is a great thread to check in and be accountable and give and receive support and celebrate milestones.

Hope to see y’all around.
:heart::pray:t2::rose:

2 Likes

Hi I am Ian, DOC Alcohol and 664 Days sober. Really nice to be part of this community, you have keep me focused when I needed it. Thank you for always being there :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, Im @Shazzles I’ve been here before many times, this time feels/IS different!
I’ve acknowledged my demons and I’m dealing with them daily.
I am grateful to be here, alive and surrounded by such strong amazing people.
56 Days sober and loving life once again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for reaching out and welcoming me. I will definitely take your suggestions about the threads you suggested! Almost through the weekend with no booze and really enjoying it. Been unusually tired but I read that can be expected.

1 Like

Hi , I’m 42 and this my second time using this app and second or third time trying to quit alcohol and cocaine . I have been in and out of sobriety for 4 years . Completely accepting that I’m a problem drinker and drug taker for most my life and doing the programme and then believing I have stopped only to hit rock bottom again . Talking to people and accepting support so important . Everyday your trying /sober is a good day

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m a 41F, wife/working mother from SE Michigan. I"ve used this app a few times over the years, back after I decided to quit drinking again. 20 days AF as of today, and the mood swings are very real and suck ( oh and I quit smoking too! ). FWIW I’m taking Antabuse this time around… I know people have varied opinions on this med but it’s doing what it needs to do for me, for now. This is a great community and I’ve always enjoyed the threads, glad to be back and hoping I have a longer stay this time around! :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Hi, my name is marcy and on day 1 (again) 6 months sober last time and thought I could enjoy an occasional glass of wine, NOT so fell off the wagon for about a month drinking throughout the day, STUPID, completely lost all motivation and interest in life so now trying to get my shit together AGAIN. Withdrawal SUCKS so not having a lot of fun right now but I know ill feel better tomorrow

9 Likes

Hello everyone! New here today. 10 months sober. Been kind of lost lately… thought I would try something new.

11 Likes

Thank you!!!

Welcome aboard Ben. Congratulations on your 10 months AF.
This is a great community for support. I got 14+
I couldn’t have done it without the support here. Coffe is on. Pull up a seat. Have a good read around and join in when your willing.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Will do! Thanks!

Definitely! Thank you!

1 Like

HI Everyone my name is Lou and my (DOC) is " the legal drug of "Alcohol ".
I’m in my 6th day of sobriety and have being doing this with no support. I now I have a long haul ahead of me so I went online to search for a comunity I for help and support. So here I am :grin:
I have never seeked help before as I was always embarrassed to ask or scared to tell.

I will look forward to meeting people who Im Sure will inspire and support me .
Thanks.
Lou x

8 Likes

Welcome Ben :grin: you’ve entered into a community that will offer you consistent support and love. Glad you are here

Hi everyone.
I’m Kris. Based in the UK and DOC (was) alcohol and coke.
6 days clean now in my first ever real attempt to stop. Had to hit rock bottom before I finally accepted the grip they had on me and the destructive impact they were having on my life, but, better late than never I guess.
It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster of a week but all in all I’m still feeling positive and focused and enjoying the new found (rediscovered) benefits of natural energy and clarity of mind.
Joined this group on day 1 and so glad I did.

6 Likes