2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

I wish to remain anonymous. Im f 33 from UK. New to this my DOC is cocaine using less than a year but spiralled out of control. My journey will start tomorrow

13 Likes

Welcome bud!

Hi everyone, a bit late to this, but roll calls were never a favourite thing in schools and such :joy::joy::joy: *sweats nervously

Anyway, born and raised on the west coast of Finland, went to uni in England. I now live in the northern most region of Finland with reindeer and Santa Claus.

I joined the forum in September, hit 100 and something days, but had a clusterf*ck of relapses mid December and am back on day 39. My DOC isn’t substances, but PMO.

This forum has helped me a great deal. And I enjoy the zoom meetings here, they’re a hoot!

Have a great sober day everyone! :star_struck:

15 Likes

Hello!
Thc daily 15 yrs, amfetamins in periods, benso, sleepingpills, Ssri, cocain a year, 3 times heroin (lasted 1 yr now before quitt, 21 days sober, short relapse and now 7 days in)… only 2 cigarettes a day quitting completely in spring. Quitting all substances and rebuilding my brain with proper nutrients and lots of training and yoga, meditation. Dreaming of working with people in distress, addictions. Zen coaching, breathwork, therapy. Office work (booring), university degree.
Hope you all find happines.
/Pete

PS It’s not as easy as it reads. It’s a struggle, a fight, day by day, I loose, I fail, I loose hope, I try again and again. I win. I’ll loose again, I relapse, I will try again, and I WILL WIN. Ds

12 Likes

Welcome to the group!

1 Like

Hi, just passed to thank you for my 22 years sobber. Be great for a second, third… chance. Got tired and clean is the only way.

11 Likes

Welcome my dear friend!

2 Likes

Late to the roll call but better late than never! My name is Sonya and I am an addict. My DOC is crack cocaine. I have struggled off and on since the age of 21 with this addiction (I will be 40 in a few months). Longest period of sobriety in 19 years was 2 years from 2008 to 2010. I was maintaining things the best I could and then in October of 2017 my family was rocked when my brother passed away at the age of 38. He never did a drug in his life,was healthy and lived his life right and all of a sudden he was gone. It absolutely gutted me. The guilt threw me into a downward spiral and I have just begun to climb my way out of it. 2 years in a haze of using and grief. I am just at the point where I am honestly and truly recognizing that I do not enjoy nor do I desire to be getting high anymore. It’s the first time I have genuinely not wanted to partake in the lifestyle anymore. It’s been 14 days today and it has been ok for me. I feel strong and good and I am cool with saying no. I have deleted, blocked and removed every drug related “friend” from my phone and my social media and that’s been a major help. I feel the most determined that I have in a long time to stay sober. So that is a little bit of my story. I hope everyone is having a great day!

14 Likes

I’m Chase and I’m 5 months clean off Dissociatives. I have a beautiful daughter and fiancee and this community has been very helpful keeping me going towards success

15 Likes

Hello! I’m Jordan, 30 years old and from Colorado. I’m taking control of my addiction to alcohol verses letting alcohol control me. This is my second time choosing to live a sober life. I got clean the first time cold turkey which lasted for exactly 3 years (‘15-‘18) then I went on a massive binge for the last 3 years; kinda sounds like I was making up for lost time SMH… anyways I’m here again, used the cold turkey method once more and I’m currently sitting at 19 days.

I had hit my second rock bottom just after New Years. I was literally destroying everything I loved about my life and everything I created during the first time I got sober. Self sabotaging everything dear to me and to others. It was probably the worst I’ve ever been in my life with my addiction to this day. I ended up leaving home and hiding for about a week in a completely different town that was more then a handle full of hours away. I continued drinking and got so sick I should have definitely had my stomach pumped but didn’t. I just did it the old fashioned way and woke up in pain on the bathroom floor. After that I slept, didn’t eat or drink anything because I had drank so much I couldn’t keep anything down for a couple days without getting sick.

An old friend who I hadn’t talked to in years had reached out multiple times during my leave and talked me out of a massive dark hole that I was making home. She truly was persistent and determined and in the end it worked. I finally gave in to actually thinking positively and boom I was next in a hospital getting treated back to a healthy state which lasted about 48hrs and constant check ups every hour (day/night). I went back home and slept for two days straight but was finally clean.

15 Likes

Welcome Jordan. I guess you might be at 3 weeks now? That’s great!! I tried many times to get sober on my own too. I found this app last year and it’s been just the right amount of support for me. I hope to see you around. Love the Aspen leaf. I lived in Durango ten years. Gods country. :pray:. I think God was just showing off when he made Colorado :joy:
One day at a time.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

I’m Tim, 57 Retired Marine and my Drug of Choice is alcohol. This is my first try at sobriety and I will need your help to make it!! God Bless!

21 Likes

Thank you so much Laura!!! :blush: I love this site and how it keeps me focused!!

3 Likes

Welcome, Tim! I’m glad you found this place, look forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Thank you so very much! So glad I found it too!!:blush:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tim. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions if you want to. We’re here for you. I hope you can find the help you need.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I have been reading the different forums and I am so blessed to have found this site!!:blush:

3 Likes

Devil Dog, use that dedication and stubbornness all Marines have. It will help tremendously.

1 Like

Welcome, Tim - glad to have you here. This place has helped me tremendously, hope it can do the same for you.

2 Likes

Thank you! Tomorrow I’ll be at 3 weeks! Pretty excited and proud of myself!
Lol yes God definitely showed off with CO and I couldn’t be more proud to be a native. Love this place.
I too hope to see you around, as of now tho I ain’t going anywhere from this app. I enjoy it and it helps me a lot reading all kinds of posts and seeing I’m still not alone and have a great outlet of people (even if I don’t know everyone on here) to be there.

5 Likes