2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

Attempted to stop drinking last year. Obviously that hasn’t gone well. Going to try again. Maybe this time it’ll stick.

6 Likes

Absolutely love this motivation!!! Thank you!!
Semper Fi!!

3 Likes

Welcome Tim. Thank you for your service.
I’ve tried quitting before many times on my own. This time I really wanted to STOP. I knew I couldn’t do it alone. And I really didn’t want to go to meetings. Not knocking them at all. Meetings are very beneficial. Just a personal thing. I am happy to have found all the support I need here at TS. I start every day on the gratitude thread here. I got so much to be thankful for now that I’m sober. Starting with being grateful I no longer depend on booze.
See you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie is a brother, (me, just a squid from a long line of Marines)

2 Likes

You can do it, Leatherneck. Press on, regardless.

Semper Fi

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Kim and I’m AF for 58 days. I live in the USA. In July I asked husband of 23 years for a divorce. I have lived with mental abuse and control for years and alcohol was my go to so that I could deal with his anger. He asked me to go to marriage counseling and it helped him a lot but unfortunately it was too late for me. I decided that for my mental and physical health that I needed to be AF. I want to be in the right space, mentally to be sure my decisions were sound. I am quitting my career of 24 years and moving 4 hours away to where I grew up and to be surrounded by my family that support me. I’m starting all over and I’m scared but staying strong. We are living in the same house still and will be until mid summer so things are ugly at times. I am determined to stay sober and feel so much better. Can’t wait for my 90 day sober date. I enjoy this group and I am inspired by the support and strength.

17 Likes

Welcome Kim. Congratulations on your 58 days. Sorry about your marital problems. It sounds like you have a plan. And that you are doing well. You’re worth all the benefits and happiness sobriety brings us.
One day at a time though.
Just for today.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

My name is Taylor and I have 1 year and 3 months sober from heroin and meth. I even quit smoking ciggs a little less than a year ago, but I’m new to this whole forum thing and still trying to figure it all out.

13 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome… people are nice here

Thank you for your support. I’ve got thru my 4th and 5th steps and now on my 9th and have a sponsee… and have let all my past shit go… so my life is going really good now.
How the steps work are amazing. I am really able to let things go that are out of my control and bigger than me. Helps alot.

5 Likes

Day 3 for me too, Jimmy. Welcome! And I know firefighters struggle too. They are not immune. I was married to one for 13 years and he has had his bouts. Reach out any time you need support. Stay strong :muscle:

6 Likes

Welcome…congratulations on your 15 months clean and finding a better way of life for yourself and your family. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Brandon. Im 31 this is my second time going through the recovery process. I live in Charleston W.V. and am currently residing at the Infinite Pathways Mens recovery facility. Thanks for letting me share.

16 Likes

Welcome!!!

1 Like

@SoberSavage1…glad you found your way here. Welcome!

Hi Taylor

Your Arlington lol, lot of us Nova folks around, it’s recovery living here I swear,

Good to have you aboard

Hi sober savage welcome, lots of great resources here, are you new in recovery? You said you were in a facility

We have tons of great info here climb aboard get comfy read up We are here

2 Likes

Hey guys, my name is Mads. I am a Heroin addict, but really would do anything to “not feel”.
I really like reading your stories, achievements and even the not-so-happy-times.
I have 4 years and 5 months sober. Sometimes it feels like so much longer because I’m so detached from my clean date… then other times I can’t believe it’s been that long since I used Heroin.
I was on subutex or buprenorphine for most of the passed 4 years. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks without subutex and its easier AND harder than I thought it would be.

Anyone else on subutex so long that it gave them side effects that linger? Depression, blurry vision, mood issues.

13 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I am just starting out AGAIN. Only on day 3. So far I still have night sweats and frequent awakening. I have a plan to beat the voice in my head that says,”you’re not that bad of an alcoholic” and “ you deserve this”. Thank you for being a great group. I learn from reading everyone’s posts.

6 Likes