2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

welcome to the best bunch of sick people your ever likely to meet. wish you well on your journey

17 Likes

DOD is more, ain’t that the truth

10 Likes

I got the DOD from my consular from treatment cause only Destruction come with our using

7 Likes

DOD. I dig it.

3 Likes

Hi :facepunch: Iam Truckinmonster Trucker J
J stands for Javier my middle name my drug of choices have been Alcohol Cigarettes and Marijuana ive been clean from Marijuana as of today 761 days Cigarettes for 366 days and Alcohol for 426 days im from the Eastcoast of the United States Born and Raised my Roots come from Central America a country called El Salvador a very tropical Country i choosed sobriety to become the person i was always meant to be the one beneath all the layers the one waiting to come out and show it can be done and will be done ! Its really nice to meet you guys new or regulars this app has been my go to daily in life helps alot especially when your a Truck Driver on the road its great to have a community to talk to . Again im Trucker J lets have an awesome year !!!

37 Likes

Yoda-Stevie here. I’ve been saying “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink, and getting better at getting better for 1125 days. I’ve also visited this forum, reading, posting, and liking comments for 1125 days, which I believe is no coincidence.

65 Likes

Yessss!! 1125! Get it!

4 Likes

I’m Laura, doc alcohol, live on the south coast of England. As of 5pm today I will be two years sober! I never thought I’d get this far and this forum has been a great resource to come to when I’m having a difficult day whether it’s to post or just to read. Wishing everyone strength and happiness on their journey. :heart:

45 Likes

2 years is feckin AWESOME!!! Go girrrllllll :partying_face::hugs::two_hearts:

7 Likes

I’m here for the yoda references. That is all. Carry on. :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m Badger,

Been around the block a few times with alcohol, feels like it’s time to sling-shot into orbit and ditch the sucker for good.

I used to think a month was looong sobriety, but now my focus is re-adjusted and I’m even thinking a year is still new-found uncharted early days. I am going to make it!! I know I am this time!

I’m so glad to be here, because before I had an app but going it alone is quite hard to navigate. I’m introverted by nature so this is actually the height of social contact for me!!

I love the outdoors and am looking forward to more of it in the future.

I have super low energy since losing my closest (and only) friend to aggressive cancer in 2018. It’s been, and is, a real ride.

33 Likes

Today is first time in 10 years that I have woke on January 1 without a hangover and it feels so good. I am only a few days sober again after a recent relapse but ready to go at it again …Keep at it all of you!

28 Likes

I’m Mike. 30 years old, 333 days sober. My d.o.c was alcohol and cocaine, but really I’d do anything I could get my hands on.
I started drinking when I was 15 got my first dwi when I was 17, second when I was like 20 or 21 and then my third when I was 23. I got into cocaine when turned 21 and that’s when who I was went completely dark. My gf was pregnant with my first daughter and I would leave her home for days while I’d be doing coke or on drug runs. I did cocaine in the hospital bathroom when my daughter was being born. I lost everything and put myself in 60,000 dollars in debt. I tried killing my self in 2018 by taking a whole bottle of Tylenol, then I tried hanging myself before I got done this time. I tried killing myself one last time still even after hanging myself and took a bunch of Adderall and cocaine, i made it into the next day and went to a outpatient clinic and have been sober since. I joined this forum about 12 days into sobriety and it has helped me so much.

52 Likes

Hi all :blush:

Jane.c here and today I’m 510 days sober. What I’d like to share is that it took me years to find my footing in continuous sobriety.
There was a long process of just thinking about sobriety and then of simultaneously wanting sobriety while not seeing how it could possibly work in my life.

The journey might be messy, you may find that it doesn’t stick right away for you. Stumbles may happen and trial and error may be a part of your path to sobriety. I challenge you to not give up, to keep fighting, and discover what sobriety can offer you. Don’t give up because it gets challenging. Don’t give up before you see the what sobriety can bring to your life.

46 Likes

:wave:t2: :wave:t2: My name is Mallory. I’ve been clean and sober for 594 days, since May 2019. My problem was alcohol.

I’ve been on talking sober also since May 2019. I’m not here often anymore but this group of amazing people and this forum were my rock and respite when my sober journey began.

38 Likes

Greetings! My name is Scott. I am 1015 days sober from alcohol. 31 days tobacco free. I drank hard for over 2 decades. The last day I drank was a goodbye party. I planned it for myself. I was tired of being a drunk. Drank and partied hard. The plan was to kill myself the following day. With a gun in my mouth, I heard a voice say “try being sober”. I believe it was God and have been sober since.

We all deserve a sober life. Fight hard for it!

51 Likes

Greetings and salutations! I’m Tierney and my DoC is alcohol. I’m currently 97 days sober. I was sober for seven years previously (2004-2011), before I convinced myself that I didn’t really have a drinking problem. I’ve since battled with self-medicating for nine years, thinking that drinking would somehow help my anxiety and bipolar. :rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m powerless over alcohol, and it’s a completely ineffective coping mechanism. In the past year and a half, I’ve been trying to get my life in order. But sobriety has been a key factor in getting that done, and I put it off as long as I could. I’m thankful for each of my sober days and the work I’m doing every day to become a healthier, happier person.

41 Likes

Hello my name Tim from Minnesota. First time posting on here and being on here. Been sober for close to a year…which is pretty exciting…Had to make some hard choices/lost a lot to get to this point but been sober through all of it…hope to hear from you all…

38 Likes

Howdy folks! I’m Chelsea. I’m originally from Charlotte, NC. This is not my first rodeo on this app. My poison was alcohol. Happy to be here again! Looking forward to reconnecting with old faces and connect with the new ones. :heart:

31 Likes

Hello!! I am Sassy, a native New Englander in the U.S. :slightly_smiling_face: I am one of the moderators here and have been a member for close to 4 years. I found TS shortly after my final hangover after a drinking career of more than 40 years.

Today I am 1388 days sober from alcohol, 4+ years clean from cocaine, 5+ years free of Ambien and I just celebrated 12 years nicotine and cigarette free. The nicotine and alcohol were a bitch to ditch, no lie there. It was a process that took me years, but is 100% the best decision I have ever made. This forum continues to be my #1 support system in sobriety and recovery.

I hope you find the forum a place to gather strength, knowledge and heal within a supportive community. :heart:

Never give up, never surrender. :heart:

67 Likes