2021 roll call - introduce yourself!

It is never too late to change the road we’re on. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

19 Likes

Hello! My name is Lisa and my DOCs are pain pills, cocaine and alcohol. I’m from the northeastern part of the US. I’m now 470 days clean and sober. This is my first go at sobriety and so far it’s been successful but only because I’ve made it my top priority. I stumbled upon this forum about 15 months ago and been reading and posting ever since.

53 Likes

Hi! I am Jené (pronounced Janay). I have been on this app since October of 2016. After 40+ years of drinking – I am 51 years old – sobriety has been elusive. I am still here fighting and I will continue to fight. This is a family tree that needs new roots.

I am currently on Day 8. I attend online Recovery Dharma meetings and am looking forward to meeting in person again, whenever that may resume.

Whoever you are, wherever you’re from, whatever you’ve done - I am so glad you’re here.

54 Likes

I am Cliff, and my DOC is alcohol. I m a little over half a year sober now and I have been enjoying the new lifestyle. I really enjoy this forum and the wonderful people in it!

32 Likes

Thank you, fellow Laura xxx

2 Likes

Thank you :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Hello all! I’m Emm, but most of my world just calls me M for short :wink: Great to meet you all.

After so very many failed attempts, years of attempts, to moderate my intake, I admitted defeat and put the glass down 186 days ago - just over 6 months now. In that time, I’ve learned that wow - it was the glass that was failing me! I’ve also been on this forum every single day of those 186 days, sometimes even from a sleeping bag in a tent in the backcountry (thank you, cell phone coverage). It’s no coincidence, methinks.

When people ask me why I don’t drink? I keep it short and sweet and quote actor Jim Carey: “Life is too beautiful”.

A life well-lived is made up of well-lived days, one day at a time.
Let’s go get another one. :orange_heart:

48 Likes

That sounds so much like something I would do! :laughing: Hopefully not now that you’ve shared your story, though!
Seriously, thanks for sharing. You’ve had quite the amazing, awe-inspiring journey. :blush: :orange_heart:

9 Likes

True inspiration!!!

4 Likes

No judgment from me! I had a good long break-up conversation with my wine glass.
Kind of the same thing I think. :wink:
Each sober day is a win, one day at a time. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Hi all im Jordan my DOC is alcohol im currently 36 days sober and trying to get my life back together.

31 Likes

Happy New Year!. I am on Day 49 free of alcohol. First found this app on the day after Xmas 2016, and have been successful on several stretches since then, but always thought I could moderate. This time feels a bit different, as I feel my health has really suffered. I am 57, and want to play with grandchildren someday! I am from the Chicago area, but now have a home in the Rocky Mtns and a new home in San Diego. I am blessed with a husband of almost 32 years who has had my back every day. We haven’t discussed this recent non-drinking stretch specifically, but I feel his support nonetheless. Wishing everyone here a great 2021!

30 Likes

Hi, I’m 17 days sober and have never been on any forum before in my 41 years so, hi! I live in Swansea in Wales and am a mother of 2 adult sons and a 8 year old self proclaimed princess. My DOC was alcohol and this is not my first rodeo but I’m determined it will be my last. 17 days is the longest I’ve been booze free for at least 5 years so I’m feeling proud of myself…a new and rather intoxicating feeling in itself! After stumbling upon this forum today and as a first time poster I’d like to just say the support I see here is amazing and I look forward to becoming part of it…here’s to a sober and safe 2021!

48 Likes

Love this! Welcome, @Seren-boo, and well done on 17 days strong.

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Dan. As of today, Jan 1 2021, I’ve been sober from Alcohol and nicotine for 832 days thanks to this community.

I started drinking to fit in, now I don’t drink to stand out.

48 Likes

Figgie here. Working on my second day 36. I WAS up to 90 when I had a glass on Thanksgiving. Am learning that I really don’t like alcohol all that much. It never got me in trouble, but it’s killed a few relatives and threatened my son. It’s also been an annoying whine in the back of my brain like a mosquito on a hot summer night. I think of places like this as a big ole fly swatter whenever booze ups my blood pressure. Plus, the memes are funny and there are actually pretty good recipes and an awesome community. I have high hopes to make 2021 a totally sober year. Cheers!

34 Likes

My name is Jeff. I am a husband and a father. I am also an alcoholic. Currently doing very well. Overall, had a great 2020 (with a few relapses) but I won more than I loss. I live in NC, 48 years old. Happy New Year all and good luck on your journey.

28 Likes

I’m rabbitt. I am a longshoreman in Los Angeles CA. With a wife going thru sobriety at 5 months and me with 4 tomorrow. Plus 2 boys 15, and 12. I’m in the middle of my 5th step and my wife is on her 9th.

27 Likes

And I am an alcoholic/addict

8 Likes

Hey!
I’m Jimmy and work as a firefighter (Even we are struggling) My DOC (alcohol)

Sober 3 days!

Wish you all good luck!

41 Likes