2022 Hiking Club (walking sober)

I inadvertently lied to you, I have the Flash 62, not 55. Though, I would rather have the 55 litre version. :grin:

Thank you for the input! The Marmot was one of the bags I was looking at. I’ve been clawing through statistics on Amazon, but I like hearing from people that have actually used the things. Also looking at Kelty Cosmic (highly rated), and Atepa.

I really like the Gossamer Gear Mariposa pack. Very light and carries up to 30 lbs well.

For quilt I dunno off the top of my head. I have some 2.2 lbs bag I got secondhand years ago that worked out well, so haven’t ever looked beyond that. I do recommend the Nemo Tensor insulated pads though.

Dixie on the channel Homemade Wanderlust on YouTube did that hike. I seem to remember she had specific gear recommendations. And that it’s a slightly unusual trail, maybe that half the trail is actual hostels and stuff? I don’t recall now.

Dixie is on my playlist! I remember her Camino. I’ll check her list.
Guide book says there are so many hostels that you won’t need a tent or a large backpack.
I’ve heard many good things about the Nemo Tensor, but I already have a Klymit Static V, and it’s pretty good!

1 Like

The mariposa might be bigger than needed, but it can roll down quite nicely. And good for future hikes! Just resist that temptation to over pack.

1 Like

Oh, and here was our “ultralight” backpacking thread. Been a while!

Though most of us are more “light” than ultralight, I think.

Oh, yeah, I’m no stranger to over-packing. :roll_eyes: One expert said, “Whatever size pack you have, you will find a way to fill it… Get your gear first, and then the smallest pack that will hold it.”
I stepped down from 75L to 65, but on deciding to do the Camino, even that is oversized.

1 Like

Hiking Silver Basin near Ouray, CO

17 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes:

Colorado is on my wish list of places to visit one day. This is why!

1 Like

I love it! :relaxed:

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

1 Like

13 Likes

Four years seems so far away from where I am. Thanks for posting and helping inspire me even more.
Congratulations!

1 Like

A lovely walk in the Peak District, Longnor and a pretty village called Hartington with my walking group.

9 Likes

Damn, I’ve just found this thread. I nearly never took pictures from hiking, because I thought nobody would like to see such things. :confused:

3 Likes

I love looking at photos of where people have been :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

My hiking poles came in :confetti_ball::tada:

8 Likes

From todays hike

10 Likes

What kind did you get? I’m going to have to start using poles, and I don’t trust Walmart equipment, but I’m not wanting to spend a fortune either. I’ve no idea what to get. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I got these off Amazon. They were only $20. Great reviews and the card what came with them says they replace parts for up to 3 years!

Ps they have different colors to choose from :blush: I got aqua!!

5 Likes