2022 Hiking Club (walking sober)

New year new hiking thread!

Went out walking for an hour or today which is the longest I’ve gone in a while. It was wet and muddy and I was with my Mum so we didn’t actually go that far, a couple of miles. But good to get up the hill again.

My next door neighbours are ill so I took their dog (Maggie’s mum) with us and they had a great time running around. Dog pics too big to upload apparently.

Having the woods right on the doorstep is something I will really miss if and when we move. But I’m sure there will be lots more good walks to discover!

Looking forward to seeing all your adventures :hugs:

28 Likes

I definitely want to do more hiking again this year. Right now it’s 1 degree F, so today is probably not the day!

I would love to explore that area in the picture. It’s one of my favorite types of aesthetic.

4 Likes

I’m out with the dog twice a day and try to make one of those a long 1-2 hour walk when I can, this was from yesterday in the north west of the U.K. :blush:

27 Likes

Wow that’s an amazing photo! Where abouts? I’m in Cheshire.

@EarnIt I live near a long distance walking route called the Sandstone Trail. It’s so nice! I actually walked it (35 miles) in 2018. Would love to be that fit again.

6 Likes

This was taken on part of the Waskerley Way in County Durham! It’s a beautiful route (albeit treacherous in the winter in some parts!)

4 Likes

Walked in the Kennemer Duinen 2 days ago. It’s near the sea and a nature protected area.

31 Likes

Not heard of that one, but not been to Durham so that’s probably why :laughing: looks like a nice route though

1 Like

A walk down memory lane today, Vondelpark and Oud-West.

18 Likes

Same walk, different camera. Fooling around with my cheap ass Nikon camera and Sigma macro lens.

18 Likes

A little hike in the morning.

30 Likes

Wow, gorgeous!

3 Likes

Glad I did another walk yesterday. Amsterdam harbour has it’s own particular charm I think. It sure is quiet, except for some industrial noise.

24 Likes

Took Maggie over to the marshes this morning, first time she’s been and she had a great time bombing about. A few miles, flat but muddy.

Didn’t take pictures of the nicest part of the walk :woman_facepalming::see_no_evil: with the blue sky and sun sparkling off the water… But still got this! Another part of my local landscape I will miss if/ when the move goes ahead.

Really love days like this. Cool, crisp air with blue sky and sunshine. Perfect January weather.

17 Likes

A few shots from my 18 km (11 miles) hike in Normandy, France today

21 Likes

Another dog walk through the woods. While I feel like I could physically walk for longer than an hour at the time, it catches up with me in the following days. So have been doing shorter walks some days but getting a few hour-long ones in too. Perfect walking weather again today, and less muddy as it’s been dry for a few days!

20 Likes

Sponsor took me on a snowshoeing adventure, new for me!.. Just over an hour long hike at Cypress Mtn , North Vancouver. Yogurt fuelled the exercise. :hugs::pray:

20 Likes

A nice 3 hour hike through the desert :sunny:

22 Likes

Pen y Ghent in North Yorkshire

18 Likes

10 000 steps around the neighborhood. Cleared my mind a little :raised_hands::hugs:

8 Likes

No pics but just been out for an hour and a half in the woods. Lots of stop and chats with other dog walkers and a few people I know. Including couple of people who’ve actually stopped drinking and are appreciating getting out walking more!

Really nice to just be outside. And also to tire Maggie out so the next hour or two inside will be pretty chill :joy:

9 Likes