2022 Hiking Club (walking sober)

Soooo freaking cold today! 26 degrees and it was really hard to get through the hike with all of the mud and ice etc. Only a few good pics as everything is dying now and that actually made me sad. I hope everyone had a great day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

15 Likes

That looks cold, Rob! I bet you were moving at a good clip though. Nice fresh air.
I used to love cross country skiing through the woods when I lived in NH. Miss that fresh air down here, :smirk:

3 Likes

It was soooooo cold!!! Yes I was hauling ass actually. It was not what I was hoping for (a beautiful hike like I have been doing). It was miserable actually :rofl: Very slippery and muddy in spots but I’m home now and trying to get warm :blush: I am not a fan of hiking in the snow I found out today for many reasons. It’s very hard on me to do it so I think I’ll have to stick to the local trails until spring :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Not dying, get ready to grow again :blush::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I love kicking through Autumn leaves! Can’t resist it whenever I see a good crispy pile. Makes the best sound!

1 Like

That’s true @siand!

1 Like

Steps this week. Tired but feeling great.

8 Likes

Loooong holiday hike. Overdid it a bit with about 40km / 25m. It was very beautiful. And I’m ok now, after a shower and a meal in my little house in the dunes. Both my feet hurt but not too bad. Will ride my bike tomorrow :upside_down_face:. Love from Texel.

13 Likes

I checked it: you did one side twice of this island :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Los Penasquitos Canyon Trail 11/18/22. An easy 6.5 mile loop. Not the prettiest by any means but it was still good to be outside :sunglasses::metal:t2:

10 Likes

13 Likes

Derwentwater from the top of Latrigg in the Lakes, England.

13 Likes

A little urban hike, east side of town. Caught some sunshine too :sunglasses: :sunny:

15 Likes

Eagle Rock via the PCT :sunglasses::metal:t2:

10 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

Sanctuary Cove Trail in Tucson Arizona. Beautiful weather!

14 Likes

Getting outside and being active has been a huge part of my recovery. This was my hike this weekend. :blush:

16 Likes

I got affordable aluminum poles like this on Amazon for backpacking. They’re pretty great actually!

And if I lose or break one, not the end of the world either.

2 Likes

Caught some sunshine just north of Amsterdam.

13 Likes