2022 Hiking Club (walking sober)

Yea, the TRT can be intimidating if not used to the area. It’s an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL hike and well worth the acclimation time. A day or two hiking around the lower shoreline trails should be sufficient. Even driving the perimeter of the lake is really helpful. Hopefully you can make it up this way sometime!

2 Likes

How cool that you’re so close and can go there so often! Yes it looks really fun and I’ll definitely take you up on the hiking partner offer for sure! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

Three years ago today, hike to Ptarmigan Lake Co. Highest elevation I’ve been to in my life at 12,147 feet / 3702 m. It was getting cold up there. Spectacularly beautiful as well.

17 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Stonewall Peak trail

13 Likes

Stonewall Peak trail

13 Likes

Today’s morning walk. Sorry I don’t have pretty pics to post. I live in a overcrowded Asian city, a perfect example of urban madness, and I don’t carry my phone with me (so that no one can reach me :joy: ).

9 Likes

So I had a very successful day yesterday! The trail was well marked and I ended up using the Gaia app to record my track. It’s free and worked well for that!!!

13 Likes

Ascent 869 ft? :astonished: Is this correct?

2 Likes

Lol yes!!!

2 Likes

I feel your pain. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sore today but well worth it!!!

11 Likes

13 Likes

Sooo pretty where is that!!!

2 Likes

Last week’s steps. Walking is helping me a lot in my quest for sobriety. As an alcoholic, I think I have found my substitute :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Thanks!

I had a bunch of nice pictures, but the app didn’t save them. :confused:

The cliffs are in middle of Lower Saxony in Germany.

8 Likes

First day of my vacation, first walk in quite a while. I’ve been so busy with stuff. Noticed today how much I love it and missed it. @Clarity I had a crash cycling a couple of weeks ago, hurt my ankle a bit. It went pretty good today, did 22km (13.6m). Started feeling my ankle after something like 20km. And feeling OK now, at home.

11 Likes

Enjoy your time off @Mno. The pics are lovely.

2 Likes

Fijne vakantie Menno!

2 Likes

Way to go! Fijne vakantie maat, geniet ervan :pray:

1 Like