2023/24 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

That’s awesome Eric… another awesome hike in the books!

2 Likes

Part of the Hillary trail, named after NZs most famous hiker.
Located in the Waitakere ranges, Auckland

14 Likes

From my cold and rainy December POV this looks like paradise :grin:

1 Like

Very lucky to have this only 40mins drive from our house. The other sections of this multi day hike are even closer to us but this was a beautiful section to explore today.
Its great weather here at the moment, can get a little cold and wet in winter

1 Like

I wish I could walk there right now :pray::heart_eyes:
Sun, cactus, blue skies, I do not need more.
Instead of that I have grey skies, no sun and loads of water :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

At least you have a nice place to walk around. Although I can imagine the water getting on one’s nerves after a while.

1 Like

That’s one thing for sure!
Very grateful to live nearby nature :green_heart:

Your beautiful pictures made me long for this wide open sky. I live in a steep valley and our trip to the sea side has been a while. Now the clouds hang heavily and it feels like we will never see the sky again

1 Like

We always want what we haven’t got isn’t it :smiling_face: It’s like the “hairthing”. I have straight hair and love curls and the curly friends are straighten their hair.
Maybe we have to switch for a while and then we are going to miss what we have :thinking:
I hope you have blue sky soon! :pray:

2 Likes

Browns Ranch Trail.

If anyone is interested all the desert hike pics are in the Sonoran Desert. The only place you will find The Saguaro Cactus. They never cease to amaze me :cactus:

12 Likes

Awesome cactus Eric, and super congrats on your 4 years!!! :tada::tada::tada::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Owen. Appreciate it :pray:t2:

2 Likes

I have never been to a desert or seen a cactus in its natural environment. Do you live close?

1 Like

My aim this year is to do

• Ben Nevis via CMD
  • Aonach Eagach
  • Dolomites or Alps
4 Likes

lovely – looking forward to seeing some pics :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes I do. I live in Scottsdale AZ and it’s in the Sonoran Desert. It’s an amazing ecosystem. It never ceases to amaze me. I haven’t lived here that long so maybe that’s why I’m always fascinated.

I think all the Saguaro have their own personalities. This is Big Boy. Right by my meeting on Monday afternoons.

And these cactus blooms, come out at night and are usually dead or pretty wilted 24 hours later. It’s such an amazing place to live.

And the sunrises and sunsets. I’m grateful for each and everyone of them.

10 Likes

Gateway Loop Tail and we did the whole loop 4.4 miles 2 hours. The trail head sign said approximately 2 hours. Not bad for the OG

11 Likes

Not bad at all Eric – love that smile – looking so happy !

2 Likes

Sunday ‘Trig Bagging’
Can you identify this one @LeoLeo :man_detective:

14 Likes

So beautiful!

2 Likes