2023/24 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

Less than four weeks to my trip there now: Fort William, then Skye then Inverness then Glencoe. Where did you hike? We have all accommodation and hire car booked already so can travel easily enough. Any recommendations nearby that you saw?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have a dangerous streak in me……:rofl::joy:

1 Like

15 Likes

14 Likes

This one beneath I found the best hotel of all we had.
The view from the restaurant is great and the food and staff also. We had a small room but the beds where great and it looked nice too

Inverness was a nice city and after all the very smal villages it was good to see more people. We avoided the bigger plases like Glasgow and Edinburg. My husband climmed the Ben Nevis (mountain) it’s a 6 houres trip, he liked it a lot.

We did the red route mostley, the nc 500.
There are many castles on the route. A nice one you are close to is the Eilean Donan Castle. I did not go there myself.
For walks I used the Komoot app ore Walkhighlands app.

7 Likes

Looks great. Thanks for the tips, I’m going to Scotland on Wednesday, I’ll check out some of the apps and definitely a castle or 2

2 Likes

Tegg’s Nose in Cheshire, UK. Beautiful there today

14 Likes

Thanks, I have Eileen Donan pegged already and I also use Komoot app :blush::blush:

1 Like

Who on here owns as Insta 360?

I’m thinking of investing

Was considering a Drone but don’t think I’ll use that much

Tried out my new shoes yesterday. Walked for about four hours, biked for two. Last two hours in the rain. Went fine. First time I own a pair of all plastic ( or whatever exactly the materials are) shoes since I was a kid and hated my mother for getting me that pair instead of the adidas I craved.

What a difference. They’re breathable (how?), and watertight. Warm enough and cool enough. And no blisters. Great buy. BTW, they are also about 20 times as expensive :upside_down_face:.

The muddiest part of the track was closed of for works. Had to walk on tarmac a bit more than expected. They’re probably working on making that bit muddier, because it wasn’t that bad in general this time around.

13 Likes

Got out this morning for a walk in the Hertfordshire countryside, and a picnic. Just what I needed :blush:

17 Likes

Where is this Jenny? Love the church, looks very pretty area!

2 Likes

My walk today was beautiful!

Lovely :deer: across the canal.

13 Likes

We started out walking the Ayot Green old train tracks path, then through the fields to Ayot St Peter. I love my Outdoor Active app and a country footpath.

3 Likes

I’m in San Diego too, where is that???

Stonewall Peak :grin:

12 Likes

8 Likes

Finally got out for a little bit of a hike. Kind of a reconnaissance mission. I don’t think I’ve ever hiked on my own. It was busy and a well maintained park.

Pinnacle Peak
@JazzyS

I only went a half mile out and up. It’s a good trail.

It probably gets more difficult the higher you get. I think it’s only 1.7 miles out. I hope to return soon. And just out some more trail around here. Most importantly I enjoyed doing what I did even if it wasn’t much.

Must take it slow. Don’t want to hurt my body that hasn’t hiked in forever.
:pray:t2::heart:

11 Likes

oh wow - that is gorgeous – so grateful that you were able to get out and hike. beautiful scenery and grateful the weather was lovely.
thanks for sharing the lovely pictures :heart:

2 Likes

Went out again this afternoon for an hour.
Gateway Loop

9 Likes