2023/24 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

Wow beautiful

1 Like

A nice walk along the lake and through the woods.

17 Likes

That looks calming. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Palomar Mountain :grin::sunglasses::metal:t2:

13 Likes

13 Likes

Oh so great! You are doing all the hikes on my bucket list!
I am headed to Borrego tomorrow. Palm Canyon and Culp Valley. Not new to me, but hoping for blooms.

2 Likes

I bought some nice new hiking boots. But know I’m afraid, because I got to know that these are “speed” hiking boots. Whatever that means.:smile:

2 Likes

Dunes and Waterways Goeree-Overflakkee Zeeland The Netherlands.

Beautiful 15k hike with gear.

17 Likes

Did see plenty of blooms yesterday in the desert. That first hike in hot weather is tough on the body though! Drank every drop of my water, which for me is quite rare.

17 Likes

A bit of hiking/walking to Valauris where Picasso spent some years. Lots of art there but I wasn’t really in touristic mood. I discovered nice trails though like islands in all the rush here.

14 Likes

Thats my home set for the night :crossed_fingers:t3:

12 Likes

Where did you went Camping?

1 Like

Was out today. I am grateful I have so many nice trails here and that it is raining. Two days straight. And sometimes I get angry about these still constant ‘yeah, sunny, sunny, no rain’. Well many rivers around here dried out not so many years ago and it’s actually sad and horrible.

12 Likes

Hi, this was on the South Downs Way, just east of Chanctonbury Ring.

2 Likes

How is it going? Or do you have a special thread for your adventure?

1 Like

Felt like in a maze sometimes.

12 Likes

Thanks for asking! Everything is going well. 155km so far. I will post an update about the adventure soon. I need WIFI to upload al the beautifull pictures :wink:

8 Likes

220km of hiking so far. Today I have a day off :innocent:
I walked for 9 days in a row and I was not enjoying it enough so I planned a earlier break. The hiking is going very well. No injuries so far only a bit of backpain at the end of the days because of my 18 kilo backpack.
The tracks are very nice and I met a few interesting people with great stories along the hike. The weather is oke can be better but I will not complain because it can be far worse. Only one heavy rain storm so far.

My first Sober travel Journey is amazing. And it is amazing because I am finally Sober.

Just a few pictures from a long the track as promised :wink::sunglasses::v:t2::blue_heart:

18 Likes

At first I read your post as “I did a dance hike today” and I was like OMG what is that? I’ve gotta get me one of those.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My holiday in Scotland was cut short because my climbing buddies wife unfortunately got ill, so he had to return home (she’s ok!) So I got him to drop me off on the way home and did an impromptu 3-day hike through the hills.

14 Likes