2023/24 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

Continuing the discussion from 2022 Hiking Club (walking sober):

Another new year and another new hiking thread :grin:

My walking has been pretty low key over the last couple of years for various health reasons. I am cautiously optimistic that I might be able to start working on some level of fitness again this year, but I’m not putting any pressure on it.

Starting the year with a couple of miles along the canal in the sunshine with the dog.

26 Likes

Watched the 100 best walks in the uk today it was very interesting the one in the lakes was no 1 ,

5 Likes

New hikes awaiting!

I had to buy a new smartphone, especially because Komoot didn’t run anymore on the old one and the camera was bugged. So 2023 is coming with more hikes and more pictures!

14 Likes

I’m googling that.
Thanks.
Happy New Year Ray :partying_face:

3 Likes

Walking around the Biltmore grounds today (you can see it in the distance from the meadow photo). Beautiful winter day for a stroll around.

20 Likes

Beautiful!! Do you have snowshoes? They were a game changer back in my winter hiking days…because who likes post holing up to their waist? (Apparently me for many years! :crazy_face:). Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Hiked in the Catskills of NY on Monday. Felt like spring, it was surprisingly warm and there was only six inches of snow at the peak

14 Likes

Most times there’s lots of wind here it comes from the southwest. The Zeeland and Holland coastline runs in a general north northeastern direction, coming from the south. So when it’s windy like today, I like to take public transport south and take a walk on the beach. And take public transport from another place to the north back home. Didn’t expect it to rain like it did, got me a wet ass :upside_down_face:.

17 Likes

Wonderful photos! You look so healthy and clear Mno!! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Which peak?

I’ve done a few down there but generally stick to the ADKs.

Panther mountain, its relatively close to Slide mtn. Currently spending my time between Catskills and the White Mountains, but id like to go to the Adirondacks sometime

2 Likes

Panther in April. Thought it looked familiar

11 Likes

Headed out for a little hike to the back of our property with my little sidekick. He’s much more content walking by the honeybee boxes now that it’s winter :laughing: The sun was out some today, which was a real treat, having not seen it for a while. Hard on the eyes reflecting on the snow, with no sunglasses :sunglasses:

16 Likes

First walk of 2023! It happened to be warm
enough (35 degrees lol) to go for a nice long walk. What joy it is to walk free from addiction ! Praising God for all He has done for me :bangbang::pray:t2:

10 Likes

Unbelievable, we got kicked out of the forest for the third time, because the hunters hunted wild pig the fucking third time in another forest. They hunted every Saturday in an other part and unfortunately, there is nothing about it on the web or in the newspaper.

Now we have to do this fucking steep slope, on which top we met the hunter, again.

Here is a nice picture to come down.:smile:

5 Likes

Are they fungi in the first picture?

1 Like

It’s been a varied few days. Back to work for now.

11 Likes

Aren’t they cool? They are called cypress knees (that’s a cypress tree).

5 Likes

11 Likes

Another long one with the wind in my back. Mud made it hard work at times.

13 Likes