2nd night, fighting the demons

I’ve been here so many times before, that 2nd night is never easy, the first week isn’t easy but knowing it gets better is all I need. I’m turning 40 in July this year and I remember thinking at 27, when I was already heavily into my career of drinking, I thought, “I know I’m gonna freak out around the age of 40 and probably quit then so I can at least stop abusing my body unnecessarily when it’s already going to start aging” and I was right, I’m here, I’m determined yet once again to save myself from this disease and I always come back with new hope. That MUST mean something.

10 Likes

You sound determined! That’s good! Stay connected here and be kind to yourself.

24/7 support. Glad your here!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Right??? I’m so done poisoning my body and making myself “less” on purpose, it’s self sabotage and I’ve had enough of that shit. I’m so ready for self care and self love, I’ve abused myself enough. Hey thanks for the support. :raised_hands:t3:

6 Likes

Yes! I am looking forward to my 40s…they will be better than my 20s.

Day 2 is huge, and the milestones will keep making themselves more possible.

Do you have sober birthday plans to look forward to?

3 Likes

I have been thru it as well. I get sober, my longest was 6months, I fall off and have to start over. I understand. I used to tell myself I would quit at “X” age it was just so I could keep drinking now.

You’re strong and you can do this.

3 Likes

I’m not even sure I believe in god but I feel you had those thoughts at 27 for a reason and you’re meant to get sober now. You’ve got this :heart:

1 Like

My self care favorite is spending time in the sun. I may go to the beach or go for walk somewhere, take some photos, work on my art. Nothing crazy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Allie.
I’m glad you found us.
This is a great sober community to get and give support. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

I turned 40 16 days ago, sober now 13…. I had the same thought. If I can’t get my shit together by 40……??? Age is just a number, but my sober days are way, way, way more than a number now.

From one Ally to another Allie, you’ve got this!! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Awww!! I love it!! Thank you! Nice to meet you Ally!

Thank you so very much for the resources and the support! I feel at home already. I always loved this app. :slight_smile:

3 Likes