3 days was great! Now I dunno

I felt so good and excited my first 3 days of being sober! I felt so full of energy, clear minded, and motivated. Now it’s like I have amnesia…I am not motivated, I feel tired and sore and id love a drink rn😓

7 Likes

Yep, as soon as the immediate motivation of a hangover goes away you need to focus on longer term motivation. Continually remind yourself why you don’t want to drink, and the sober life you want. Make a physical list. Lots of good ideas here.

Sobriety VS Addiction

7 Likes

I’d get to 3 days quite a bit. Sometimes more, usually no more than 7days. Next thing you know 2 more years wasted going through that same cycle of relapse, sobriety, relapse.
Each time it gets a little worse and a little harder to quit, habits become entrenched.
Slowly, almost impossible to notice on a daily, the health starts to fade. Physical fitness slips gradually.
Your body is adjusting, these feelings are normal.
You’ve tried living life drinking and it lead you here. Push through, stay strong, stay sober

4 Likes

Sometimes it be like that. What helped me was to write down what I was feeling as well as a pros and cons of drinking. It made me realize that there aren’t any pros, helped me keep my eyes on the prize.

6 Likes

That’s a great idea thanks. Is being emotional part of it…cause I started crying on the bus home today thinking about this journey :joy::disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I find the first few weeks really great and really tough with things swinging wildly between them, try tick your days off and it will start settling down

4 Likes