30 day challenges

Day 18: Love :sparkling_heart: one of my favourite affirmations is “When you root, you rise” so happy to have this friendly reminder. The part about whispering I love myself was too cute!

What was your biggest takeaway or thing you learned from the 30 days??

Day 19: Listen. Ocean breath, ride the waves :ocean::ocean: change is the only constant in life! Proud of everyone on here for making postive changes to better their lives as tough as that can be!!

1 Like

Confession: Threw my back out 'round the time @anon62920945 did. Mine is entirely on me. Happens every time I slack after working out for a while. Been focused on other things and my fitness suffered.

I’m resetting the clock on that old daily-reps challenge still looking to parlay into training for a 5k. Gonna see if I can find an upcoming 5k this spring to shoot for and try to drum up a buddy 'round here.

3 Likes

I tried the 30 day challenge but I was getting a sore bottom from the abs and then had a horrible cough so I stopped. I’m interested in training for a 5k. I’m planning on running on Tuesday to check how much I can do - will probably be doing 2-3 kms. And then Thursday again. Will let you know if I do it but really want to start running 3 times a week!

1 Like

Yeahhhhh, get it!

I can still do 1-2 miles just fine and had trouble doing any better. Think I got bored from not making progress. Briefly tried the Couch to 5k training. So not a fan of intervals (run, walk, run, walk…) Prefer a steady pace, but all signs indicate I have to get past that to improve. :expressionless:

1 Like

The couch is much nicer :joy::joy:
I’ll try and see what I can do this week! Will keep you posted :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

That moment when I want to join a fun club but, convinced I’m going to drop the ball, again, so I hesitate.

There’s no pressure and this is not a competition. If you were thinking about running, this might be the push you needed. But do it at your own pace :blush:

2 Likes

I mean… @Athina ain’t wrong. I fell on my face and off the exercise wagon. :man_shrugging: Try, try again. Maybe add a dash of DDR. :+1:

Bonus, some of it stuck. I hauled ass out on the trail today hiking!

In any case, you do you, my friend. :v:

2 Likes

I think the nice thing about a 5k is that if you sign up and don’t train as much as you’d like, you can just walk it! I assume it’s the same over there, in the UK 5km fun runs vary loads in terms of people walking, plodding, jogging, running etc.

I have fallen off all positive routines over the last couple of weeks but getting back to it this week!

3 Likes

I think I’m hesitating because I honestly hate running, but want to learn to like it and to have it in my repertoire as something I know I can just do if I decide I want to. I think it’s not motivating enough for me to commit to the work just yet, and it’s as yet just a fantasy, if I’m being honest. There’s other things I want to do for cardio more, like dance, I’ve just got to get over my own barriers to that.

I think I’m going to revisit my exercise plans once March is underway and I’ve settled in a bit, but for now just keep with my current daily workout before adding anything.

1 Like

Wonderful. Thank you.

1 Like

Day 1 completed. Feel amazing. Thankful. How long have you bern practicing yoga? Do you pratice st the same time daily?

Day 2 Turth…Yoga with Adriene. Complete.:blush:

2 Likes

I’ve been quiet for a while but am hoping this is me getting back to it. Day 2 of morning yoga habit on the books. I know I have it in me as I did yoga daily for about 3 months last year and I felt amazing for it.

One of my goals for 2019 was to do daily yoga so that hasn’t happened… But I am practicing acceptance and meeting myself where I’m at. And where I’m at is getting back to it! I am revising my goal to be: building a daily yoga practice. Some days or weeks it probably won’t happen, because life, but if I can keep coming back to the practice then I will be happy because I am doing something that is good for me physically and mentally.

I’m working through the March playlist at the moment so not a specific 30 day challenge but will keep an eye on this thread for motivation :heart:

1 Like

Hey guys ! I’m trying to get back to a training routine. But I only go like 2 times a week these days, but that’s not enough for me… and it helps keeping me busy at night so it’s a good thing for my recovery. I thought by doing at first a 30 days challenge it would help me break my routine so I can get back to it for real instead of ditching it.

Would be basically just doing something physical every day for 30 days. I personally have a lot of options, I’m in a crossfit gym and at home I got a cycle, I can go swim or run. Even take a walk if I’m like « I’m too sore to train today » kind of excuses.

If anyone want to join I’ll be starting tomorrow.
Good day guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 1 of back at it. Crossfit workout with accessory exercices and stretches. Felt good.

1 Like

On a work trip. The place is beautiful and the gym’s right near my room. Nabbed a quick 30 minutes on the treadmill, gonna see what else I can get in this week…

2 Likes

Did you Manages to pull up another workout today?

My day 2 of getting back at it is done: heavy crossfit workout with 20 min stretching. Feel amazing. Especially with the change of hour here I love the extra hour+ of sun at night. I wake up too late to see the sun so I can enjoy it a little more and push back the depressive feeling I got in winter when it gets dark.

1 Like