4:00pm blues, help!

It’s when my mind is getting tired and I start getting lazy incoming thoughts. Keep me accountable please?

6 Likes

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe focus and look forward to making your favourite meal for dinner ?
It helped me to make a new evening routine that was full of lots of little things i enjoy so i look forward to the evening and they kept me busy but dont require to much hard work either.
Take one day at a time and you got this :hugs:

4 Likes

Late, but that was a big challenge for me. If I could get to after dinner then it was ‘too late’ to get ‘properly’ drunk. Plus husband would be at home. I would try to delay with mints, playing with apps, different teas, aromatherapy, to try to survive until the danger time had passed.

4 Likes

Welcome Sia :green_heart:

1 Like

Ah same! It’s Friday and I want to celebrate some wins and mourn some losses this week. But no! Let’s stay strong and find a better way to cheers the weekend!

6 Likes

I tried to schedule a sobriety meeting coring those “witching” hours. Like @Misokatsu mentioned, if I could make it to 7, I was good. Replace when you would normally drink with another activity that promotes sobriety. Eventually it will become a habit. Rooting for you!

4 Likes

Was it always 4pm?

I used to always hold out till 5pm till my first drink…

Then it went to 4pm, then 3pm, then 2pm

You need to do something about it now :blush:
Get to a meeting is my advice

2 Likes

Welcome! Coming here was a great idea. So many threads to read…fun ones, serious ones. Lota of good reading

1 Like

Welcome Sia.

Have a good read around here. That should keep you busy. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Yep it’s been that way for years on and off. I went from heavy emotional binge wineing to only two beers four days a week with less triggers and tricked myself thinking I could handle it but then came the sudden binge session if I was triggered emotionally and my husband could tell! After five! He seems to not want to stop either but he doesn’t have a problem I do as far as I’m concerned. He can do him and I’ll do me. Any groups other than AA?

2 Likes

Yep lots of options

SMART recovery
Recovery Dharma
Sobriety support groups in your area
Here
SoberGrid