4 years because of change

Changed behavior = sobriety.

This is a tad early, as I officially hit 4 years on Wednesday. The next 2 days will be crazy busy, and I know I won’t get my thoughts down.

A lot has changed in 4 years. Big stuff in the beginning. People, places, things having to do with alcohol are gone. For the most part, they are still gone. I found that my connections to what I cut out of my life were purely due to alcohol. As I grew sober, I had no desire to re introduce them into my life.

My out look on life changed. I am no longer the center of the Universe. I am no longer the one in control. When I figured that out, life got easier. No longer did I depend on my self to control everything around me. I became accepting of the differences in people.

As I look forward, I realize I still need to change, as I dont want to stagnate. I have decided to look for new recovery programs and groups. Not only will it add to my tool box, but it will help me help others.

46 Likes

Woohooo! :partying_face:

Well early congratulations are in order. I know you came from such a dark place but you’ve shown so much love and light on the forum, thank you :sparkles:

Hope amongst the busy days you can find some time to celebrate your new life!

2 Likes

Yay! Congratulations on 4 years! :tada:
I love the fact that you’re enhancing your toolbox in order to help yourself and others.
Thank you for all you do for this forum.

2 Likes

We are celebrating, part of the reason today and tomorrow will be so hectic. We are having a big mexican dinner for Ms. Monkey’s family. I have a lot of prep work tonight.

2 Likes

Congratulations Scott, I think you are and will be a great help to others!
51l44PQOG4L.SX331_BO1,204,203,200

1 Like

I should’ve saved the exploding cake for you Scott. Here’s something festive Mexican instead. Huge congrats friend. Very glad and grateful you are here.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 4 years.

I think this is very powerful and wise. You know you haven’t “made it”, and that we never really “make it”. There’s always something more we can do to improve ourselves and I think that in recovery, in sobriety, we either continue to go forward or we stop and proverbial treadmill under our feet slowly takes us backward.

1 Like

Congratulations on 4 years. You of course, will make it. I would love it if you would share what has helped you get to this point, other than shedding what wasn’t working and releasing the illusion of external control! I am always looking to build my toolbox. Thank you!

1 Like

Well done my bearded friend great achievement . wish you well

3 Likes

That would 100% me!

1 Like

I will add some links for you when I get a chance, currently at work. In the one place that helped me most in the beginning…the bathroom! Work was a stressor for me, like many. When it got to much, I would come in here…pray, and get on this forum…

3 Likes

Depends on the research you look at. Still have better than 50% chance of not making it sober. So, my goal still is to be sober today!

4 Likes

Congratulations and Huzzahs aplenty for your 4 years of sobriety. You are indeed Haze Grey and underway!

1 Like

Maybe actually be haze grey and underway. A thought at my age that I never thought I would have to think about.

1 Like

Keep coming back, buddy. :wink:

1 Like

Really though, congrats on your time my friend. You’ve been a big part of my sobriety journey and wishing you all the best on another 24! :ice_cream: :partying_face:

1 Like

Woo-hoo @Thirdmonkey!!! Congratulations on your 4 years!! You have been and continue to be a leading light on the forum!! I am so happy for you and all the positive change you created in your life. :slightly_smiling_face::heart::butterfly::heart:

3 Likes

ee09b984d8111fbeebf8ccba494c0eb7e801ee6ea684eb45f330ee867e0aa09f.0
Enjoy your fiesta! :hugs:

1 Like

In true alcoholic nature, I am addicted to this place
…I will be coming back😁

4 Likes

4 years! Wow! Congratulations!

1 Like