5 year milestone again 🎊

Here I am.
5 years sober from alcohol :tada:
Again!
Happy still! :grin:

The first 5 year milestone I celebrated 6,5 years ago. I was sober for 5 years and 3 months when I celebrated my birthday with my family in a restaurant. I was questioning my recovery. Thought I was sober for that long so I was cured.
Thought I could try one ore two drinks…
And so I did on my birthday.

It went well, just drank one maybe two, can’t remember exacly.
What I do know is that that voice in my head was right back! Like she has never left!
She? Yes, I call that creepy voice my “winewitch”
So I drank in moderation for a while. Fooling myself and the people around me I could handle it. But I was arguing with that voice all the time.
It wasn’t fun at all.
My life wasn’t become better by letting the alcohol back in. My intake increases within a few weeks ore so. And when the blackouts returned as well I knew for sure I had a problem…
It took me more then a year to quit again.
I did it the same way like before. Made a plan and stick to it. Choose a sober peer group (this time TS) and started. Gave myself a deadline as well:
One year. One year to do it on my own.
I managed, I managed with you in my sober backpack!
Thank you all for being there for me! :pray:
I learned I’m never cured, so I guess you all have to stay in my backpack forever!
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

68 Likes

Gefeliciteerd C! Super mooi nummer !

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 years!!! What a journey you are on!!! Happy for you!!!

6 Likes

Gefeliciteerd C!!! Party in Newcastle!!! Hugs!!! Love!!!
gqs-a1073-feest_fiepwestendorp-amnesty-1

6 Likes

A Huge Congrats on your 5 years of sobriety Claudia! Way to kick addictions ass!!!
:muscle:

we are your sober friends for life :hugs:

giphy

6 Likes

Amazing :clap:. Congratulations on 5 years (again) and thank you for the cautionary tale of the voice of addiction. Enjoy your day :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yayyy congrats @SoberWalker on 5 years again!! thank you for paving the way and sharing your knowledge. No matter how long we addicts have, if we pick up we will see ourselves back in a pit of addiction in no time.

Super proud of you!!

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! This is fantastic! Congratulations Claudia, it’s an honour to be in your backpack :joy::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::ok_hand:t2::pray:t2::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh my, this is beautiful. Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. This time for sure - no third 5 Year milestone, maybe a 50 year milestone - one day at a time.
4 years and 9 months ago you were one of the people here that inspired me. You had a plan how to stay sober and you were checking in each and every day. Thank you very much and all the best for the next five sober years!

7 Likes

This is amazing to see! So proud of you for staying clean this entire time! You Rock! I know it isn’t easy but it’s definitely worth it! Great freaking job!

1 Like

Thank you for your story. It reminds me a time when about 6 years ago I celebrated my sons birth. I was 3 years sober and after this i reset my clock and been on drugs and alc for 1,5 half year. I think such experience whas what i needed to realise truth about my addiction. Congrats on 5!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 years again.
IMG_6081
Thanks for the incredible share.
What a great way to enjoy your trip.
:pray: :walking_woman: :heart:
:boom: :boom::boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

WOW!!! HUGE congratulations :confetti_ball: Such an achievement!

2 Likes

Fantastic post! Congratulations Claudia! :partying_face:
You’re not only a sober walker, you’re a sober warrior too.
Hope you’re doing something for yourself to celebrate.

5 Likes

What a story you have to tell! A triumphant one, a cautionary tale for the rest of us, too. I am grateful you share it will us. Major congrats to you, Claudia. Enjoy your holiday, you’ve earned it in more ways than one!

IMG_4753

5 Likes

An honor to be in your backpack. Thank you for the share and reminding everyone we can never have that first drink. Great job on hitting 5 years again! Looking forward to celebrating 6 next year :wink:

4 Likes

Wow !!! Thank you for sharing your journey. It is a poignant reminder of how each day counts. Huge congratulations - and respect - for your 5 years! You are inspiring :pray:

IMG_2784

4 Likes

Congrats on five years sober!

1 Like

2dc2407e67a136c75db2714c65202aff9521196e30b103436a24d7beca78fef7.0

4 Likes