6 months sober today

Hi all. I just wanted to share a major personal victory. 6 months sober from alcohol! I feel great (comparatively). This is the longest I’ve ever been sober since I was 16! I’m 35 now and just getting to know the real me again. It’s a fantastic, terrifying, exciting thing. I can sense aliveness and feelings coming back. I want everyone teetering to know that it is so worth it, keep going!

I was always into health and wellness, yoga, etc, but didn’t realize all the work I was putting in was a meager small step forward negated by big steps backwards by alcohol. Someone once said to me, you have to stop throwing mud on the windshield faster then you can clean it if you want to see. Anyways, I can see a lot clearer now and have no desire to go back.

Take care and keep going! It’s so worth it…

33 Likes

Congrats on your 6 months!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Congrats :blush:

1 Like

Congrats man, that’s awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing, you’ve inspired me today, I’m at 22 days

2 Likes

Thank you guys! :blush:

I like this a lot.

Congrats on 6 months man, let’s continue the ever upward trudge to a happy joyous and free life.

1 Like

Congratulations on 6 months, that’s some dedication to get there

1 Like

This is fantastic news! Congratulations on this huge milestone!:+1:t2::heart::sunrise:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing and congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

Awesome and keep it up!

1 Like

Congratulations!
Keep it up. You’re doing great.

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada: :heart: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Congrats and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Congratulations! Absolutely amazing :grin:

1 Like

Very cool dude.
Keep on keeping on.

1 Like

You did and are doing it! :facepunch:

1 Like

Congrats! Love the mud analogy. I’ll remember it. Thx.

1 Like

Thank you for the inspiration. I’ve got to remind myself daily that going back now will only bring back the suffering.

1 Like