6 months sober! ❤️

Hi!!
I am 6 months sober today!! :muscle::heart: I know it sounds selfish but I was soooo excited and i wanted my husband to be as excited as me and he didn’t seem overly excited. I don’t feel like people get how huge of a milestone this is to me… it’s the longest I’ve been sober since middle school. I’m so proud of myself and just want to have him feel the way I do :pleading_face: has anyone else ever felt this way when they have had a milestone?

:heart::heart:

32 Likes

Oh, yes! Congrats on reaching this important milestone. I know what you mean, a lot of folks don’t get how big an accomplishment this is. For me, it means finally getting good momentum. So good on ya for getting this far and may you keep up the good work!!!
IMG_2601

5 Likes

Just pray thanks for the 6 months. Acknowledge your road and think of what you would have given to get what you have now.

Your husband probably doesnt know how to react as we can be complicated creatures.

For example I might be upset my mom for never checking up, but then the next month upset for her making a big deal about my sobriety and wanting to talk.

I think they dont know how to act so they try to keep their distance from the topic because they are probably much happier with us now and are terrified for both parties of us going backwards. They dont know how to act safely.

5 Likes

Congrats :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Awesome congrats. Keep it up.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 6 months!! It is a huge deal for sure. I definitely get that, because I know how much it takes to get there…as we all do. :heart:

It is a big change for your husband too …and maybe he isn’t sure how he feels about it right now or maybe he can’t express it…IDK. I do know my husband missed his drinking buddy, even tho I could be a real horror show. And that change is hard for all of us. Be gentle with each other. And keep on rockin that sobriety!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

giphy (5)
Congratulations with your milestone and yes it is a BIG one! :confetti_ball:
“Normal” people who do not have an addiction do not understand the hard work we put in our sobriaty. They think it’s just stop drinking.
So that’s why I’m here too, to celebrate my milestones with you. Because here you all understand.
So again, well done for the 6 months!! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Happy 6 month soberversary :sunflower::confetti_ball::tada::notes:
Keep going, we cheer on you :hugs:

2 Likes

Awesome on 6 months!!:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello @Bashly827
1st. Congratulations on your Soberversary. 6 months is a huge milestone and accomplishment. I know exactly how you feel. I experienced the same with my husband. I will be so excited and he was like ok. :+1: I am smiling from ear to ear and he would be smug. So…I took him to my coin ceremony when I hit my one year. The people in the room was cheering loudly and just elated with joy and excitement. He realized the accomplishment and the strength I had endured. It hit him!! Now…all my milestones are celebrated. When I hit my 500th day of sobriety, he took me to dinner and bought me the best bottle of water. He understood and celebrated. It’s a gradually change not only for you, but loved ones as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! :hugs::heart:

I never thought of it that way… thank you for bringing that to my attention :face_holding_back_tears: I just want to make him proud and I’m sure you’re right, he’s prob nervous talking about it all. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you!! :hugs::heart:

Thank you!!! :hugs::heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! I never thought of that… it’s def been hard for me to be apart of drinking gatherings he goes to so I’m sure it’s somewhat of a punishment at the moment to have me not drinking and hanging out with him but it’s been so worth all the tough nights and stress. I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months bring and so on!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Having this community has been one of the most important experiences in my sobriety and one of the most helpful things. I’m so grateful to be here being able to tell all of you this news and that everyone is so kind and caring :heart::heart: thank you for sharing this moment with me :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you!!! :heart::face_holding_back_tears:

I love this :heart: I’m so happy to hear your husband has been so loving and excited with you now! I haven’t gone to any meetings before I’ve always been so scared so the most I could do was just share with my peers and try to celebrate with everyone around me who cares. I hope that on my year and my 500 days we can do something similar to what you guys did! Congrats on all of your milestones and achievements!! :heart::heart: you give me such strength and excitement to be where you are one day!

2 Likes

Unless you’ve gone through it yourself, they’ll never fully understand it. They can support and encourage, but that’s why the only people able to get addicts sober are other addicts. We get how important it is. Celebrate here. Congrats on 6 months, Sober and free. Proud of you. :v::fire:

1 Like