7 day BEGINNER friendly YOGA challenge

As the title says: 7 day beginner yoga challenge

You don’t have to do all 7 sessions on 7 consecutive days. To complete the challenge you have to complete all 7 sessions in whatever timeframe.

Every session is about 30min long. It includes movement, breathing exercises and a short meditation. In the 7 days you get to move your body in all directions.

You can preview the playlist EMBARK | 7 Day Yoga Beginner Program.

If you are interested there is also a Day 0, 5min explenatory intro.

10 Likes

Yes yes count me in please. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I famously suck at these challenges, even the ones I start, lol, but I’m in! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

So you are a starter! That’s a good thing. Fire needs starters :grin:

2 Likes

I’m only worried a can’t commit half hour, but I will try. I like ten minute ones :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The movement part is usually about 15-20min. And you could shortcut the breathing exercises and meditation.

3 Likes

I used to do yoga all the time but haven’t in like five years… so I’m in

3 Likes

All right. I am interested in not quitting once i start

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go, maybe it can repair my body from the push up challenge

4 Likes

Cool. I probably need this. I feel most of my physical niggles come from a lack of flexibility and stretching. I’ve tried yoga once and I was terrible hahaha. I’ll see how much energy I have left after training this morning.

2 Likes

I’m in. I’ve been doing a 14 minute yoga stretching vid after every weight training and I suck, but it does interest this big guy.

2 Likes

So, this looks like a nice group of yogis. :person_in_lotus_position: :grin:

As this challenge does not start on any particular day feel free to do your sessions whenever you like.

For props somekind of mat is a good starting point. Use whatever you have at hand that feels comfortable on your joints and firm/stable enough so you don’t slide around too much.

I will probably do day one tomorrow on Friday. Share your progress and experiences, what worked for you and what didn’t. I really am curious.

See you on the mat :om:

3 Likes

Hey. I will likely start tomorrow as well. Or next week. I’m finishing up my job on the 23/2 so am a bit all over the place currently, I don’t want to rush it. Or be in a bad head space. :pray:

2 Likes

Tune in whenever you feel like. No sense in forcing it. :slightly_smiling_face: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I already forgot I signed up for this lol … but I will start tomorrow too… I do so much better when I’m on a schedule with other people to hold me accountable to myself :black_heart:

1 Like

Ooh yes please! Thanks so much for posting :sparkling_heart::pray:

1 Like

So I did the movement part of day one. I liked how she explained how to breathe in time with the movements, and how the same movements were repeated a few times. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Day 1 is done.
I always feel grounded after this practice.

Did the movement from day two and the breathing from day one. The alternative nostril breathing felt claustrophobic at first, but when I got used to it it really slowed my breathing down.

1 Like

The breathing exercises in the beginning were quite a challenge for me, now I enjoy them a lot. But I totally get the claustrophobia and very strange and intense emotions.

1 Like