7 days cigarette free

I want to build some more sober muscles before I give up smoking. I’ve definitely cut back though since I chain smoked while drinking.

2 Likes

Good for you!! Congrats! I’m still working on that addiction :confused: it’s a tough one! Nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

13 days today :smiley:

1 Like

You’re rockin it @Steve92.

1 Like

14 days tobacco free. @Chad_R how are you holding up?

2 Likes

I’m not quite at a week but last Saturday I only had a few and Sunday was cold turkey day. I am still fighting the urge and I have to mimic the action. This is silly but I have done fairly well. I am mowing through gum. Have you got to the easy part yet?

1 Like

Deff not easy yet lol definitely a struggle but I’m confident this time. Glad to see your pushing through!

1 Like

@Steve92. For me, guitting smoking was just as, if not more, difficult. I loved to smoke. I have been smoke free for 3 years, 9 months. The amount of money saved is incredible. So worth it. When I quit, cigarettes cost $8.00 a pack.

And not walking around smelling like a fucking ashtray (so gross) . . . priceless.

3 Likes

Great job @Chad_R @Steve92!! I’ve been trying to quit smoking since this past March. It’s terrible! I hate everything about smoking. The taste, smell , the hole it’s burning in my wallet and if course it’s obviously a very unhealthy habit. It’s a bordom thing for me. My boyfriend, thank goodness, doesn’t smoke. So when I’m with him it’s a lot easier for me not to. I’ve never smoked in front or around him. But when I’m home alone… Ugh the cravings are incredible. I’ve tried the gum, patches, Wellbutrin, chantex, hypnosis and read self help books to quit. It sucks, it sucks and it sucks! I’m just about at nine months drink free and u know my next challenge in getting healthier is to quit smoking. I’m so happy for you both. You really do give me inspiration to try to quit again. I used this forum a lot when I first quit drinking. Maybe now I need to utilize it for smoking! Best of luck to you! Awesome job!

2 Likes

It does suck. But you can do. I decided I would wait to quit tobacco until my 9 month anniversary which was my daughters birthday so here I am. I’m chewing gum like I need stock in the company. I took a two year break from nicotine so other than that I’ve had this addiction for 30 years too. Just get yourself ready and give it another shoot.

1 Like

@Steve92. How are you doing with quitting smoking? I’m over two weeks and it’s not easy yet but I’m hanging in there

1 Like

I quit 11 years ago. Before that i had quit for 2.5 years. Stsrted again during a night of drinking after my asshole neighbor kept prodding. Should have never taken that drag. Smoked for 2 more years and then quit at 30 years old and i havent looked back.
It was hard as shit, but i took up cycling.

Congrats on the 2 weeks!!! You got it now!!

2 Likes

I lost track of the days lol but I’m still with you. It’s been hard but not overbearing, yet :muscle:

2 Likes

Well, today " would " have made a week cigarette free. Bought a pack. Dammitt, I’m so sick of this battle! Feeling very frustrated :rage::triumph:

2 Likes

I read it. It’s a good book but still didn’t do the trick to help me quit. Maybe I should pick it up again.

1 Like

So how’s it going? Still hanging in there? I need motivation, I’m trying to quit cigs, weed and alcohol all at once. I’m on 7days no alcohol, 4 days no weed and a miserable 40 hours no cigarettes, and even though I’m using the patch I feel like crap. The alcohol and marijuana cravings aren’t that mad, but the feeling that I NEED a cigarette is overbearing. I feel on edge, like I want to crawl out of my skin. I don’t know how much more gum I can chew. :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Have you tried vaping? Really helped me, I’m about 5 months off cigs and vaped for a few months, now I vape a low nicotine liquid if I feel that way but only once in a while.

1 Like

No I have not but if I can’t do it on my own(well with the nicotine patches) I’m seriously contemplating it. I’m so sick of smoking!

Hey @Ninipoo89 yeah im still hanging in there. I havn’t vaped since i stopped smoking but im not opposed to the idea. Its helped a few of my friends cut back significantly.

Try not to stress out over it too much, if you slip up, then so be it. You have ONE WEEK booze free, that is amazing.

2 Likes

I quit cold turkey over 11 years ago. Best thing I have ever done! I just set my mind to quitting and never looked back. I never have a craving for it either. I am actually repulsed by it. It is possible!

3 Likes