7 days sober and struggling right now šŸ‘ŽšŸ»

Hiiiiii
Iā€™m Amy and Iā€™m 7 days sober today ! New to the app and donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing but looking forward to staying sober, thinking clearly and living life :heart::pray:t2:

25 Likes

Hello Iā€™m 27 days sober. Welcome to the community !

6 Likes

Welcome to you both!!! Iā€™ve been on this app a few months, relapsed a few times but sober today!! This community is amazing and a huge support! I wish you the best of luck and Iā€™m always here if you want to talk!!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, Amy! :blush: The first couple weeks were super rough for me, and struggling to stay sober was part of it. But I stuck with it, dragged myself through the tough times, and Iā€™m now at 6 months and feeling great. Just hang in thereā€¦ it does get better. It really helped me in the beginning to read othersā€™ stories and to share my gratitude on the Daily Gratitude thread. Here are a couple links to get you started. Iā€™m glad youā€™re here. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Welcome Amy.
Congratulations

This is a great place to get and give support. Iā€™m glad you found us. Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. I see Moxie already gave you the gratitude thread. Itā€™s my strongest tool. I never ever start a day without it.
If you got questions using the app. Just ask. Everyone is so helpful. And weā€™ve all been new before.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Hi Amy welcome here and congratulations with your 1 week sober! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
Well done! :facepunch:
This place is a great help for many of us myself included. It helped me to stay sober for more then 3 years now. I found this app when I was still drinking and quit a few weeks later.
The first year I was here every day and that helped me to stay focussed. So my advice is: be here much!
Read, read and readā€¦to learn about how to deal with life without your normal ā€œto go toā€ (in my case alcohol).
Focus on today and how to go to the end of it sober and repeat that tomorrow, donā€™t look to far ahead. First weeks are difficult, we all know that! Try to keep busy and keep hydrated. Reward yourself with something nice like chocolat, icecream ore something else you fancy, you deserve it! :yum:

So letā€™s both focus on today and do that sober :facepunch:

See you around Amy :raising_hand_woman:

6 Likes

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on your week :tada:

This community is so kind and supportive, Iā€™m glad youā€™ve stumbled upon us :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hello ā€¦ well done!! Keep going and thankyou so much :smiley:

Thankyou so much ā€¦ very much appreciated :heart:

1 Like

Thanks so much :pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Awww thankyou so much! I also suffer alcohol addiction ā€¦ itā€™s so hard right not but I know Iā€™m strong enough to do this for my future self :heart:Iā€™m here for anybody who needs support too :blush:

2 Likes

:heart:thankyou !!

1 Like

You got this!:heart:

1 Like

Hi im maggie im on my second day its rough i feel at my bottom but im determined not to drink ,im going to check in here and read as much as i can ,ive finally accepted im a alcoholic and the only way to beat this is to stop no more thinking i can control it i cant ,i think thats what the weā€™re always talking about in aa now im ready to accept

7 Likes

Hang in there the first week is the hardest but itā€™s well worth it alcohol is crap steer away :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hi Amy, welcome :blush:

I am a day behind you so 6 days and have found this place amazing. Well done on 7 days, a whole week!!

We can get sober together!

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Good luck ā€¦ your gonna beat this :muscle:t2::heart:

1 Like

Weā€™ve got this ! Keep going :heart::heart:

1 Like

7 days in with you girlšŸ˜ŠItā€™s a good feeling! Letā€™s hit that next milestonešŸ¤©

4 Likes