90 days! 1st time in 50 years!

Lurker motivated by all of you reaches 90 day milestone ~ the longest length of time I’ve been sober in 50 years!

48 Likes

Great!! Think my last 90 days sober was about 30 years ago, but I will get there.

7 Likes

Congratulations on your 90 days x what u doing to support your recovery x

4 Likes

Nice job on your 90 days!!! Keep at it!! As @MandiH often asks, “What is your favorite change so far?”

4 Likes

Excellent! Congratulations.

2 Likes

Congratulationssssss!!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Congratulations and keep on going strong. You got this. :smirk:

1 Like

Congrats. That’s awesome, keep up the good work! Here’s to 90 more.

2 Likes

I know you all hear this a lot but it’s true: if I can do it, you definitely can do it too, Olavi! : )

5 Likes

The first month I binged on alcoholism documentaries on youtube. Now I’m bingeing on the impeachment hearings. This quit is the first one in my life in which I really got mad at alcohol. This makes it easier to ignore it. : )

6 Likes

There are so many benefits that it’s very difficult to choose a favorite. I love sleeping so well again. I love waking up clear-headed and guilt-free. I love having control over my life again. I suppose my favorite thing is my freedom. I’m free to go wherever I want whenever I want. : )

6 Likes

Thank you all for the congratulations. My favorite rallying sentence to myself is one I found in this group. “Another day won, not another day one!”

11 Likes

Wpsy to go! I’m just a few days ahead of you, at 96 days today. What’s made the difference for you this time? High five!

2 Likes

The difference this time is anger that I let myself be fooled all these years. I suddenly realized that the gradual change from weekends only to daily, from four or five to ten or twelve, was because I was an addict. I had allowed a chemical substance to take over my life. When I began craving it in the morning this past year I suddenly woke up. 18 years ago the same exact feeling happened to me about smoking. I resented being “told” to smoke a cigarette every hour of my waking life and chain-smoke on the weekends. I quit cold turkey on May 21, 2001. Meanwhile, I was completely blind to the fact that I was just as addicted to alcohol as I had been to nicotine. Never again will I be ruled by chemicals! I am so happy to be caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol free!

9 Likes

That’s fantastic man! Props

1 Like

Every single one of these posts reminded me that my days drinking were numbered

I surrended to my addictions in a sence to gain sobriety ground.

Im trading a bad sad life of drinking and drugging to a fighting chance of simply living a god hounest life

I am very happy for your 90 days and for you
Sober is better
Sober = better

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!:tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Fantastic!!

2 Likes

I am inspired by your success. I can hear the positive energy and passion in your words. I feel very happy for you!

2 Likes

@Cigfreed congratulations !!!:confetti_ball::balloon: this is the beginning of a new era

2 Likes