900 Day Club, let's celebrate with a hurricane (not the drink!)!

I started drinking and doing drugs when I was 15 years old. I drank for 40+ years. And it took me close to 4 years to get from ‘I really need to stop drinking’ to sober and working my recovery. Never give up. Each day 1 adds up!!

Today I am very proud to be sober!

73 Likes

Wow, almost at 1000 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow! Congratulations on this huge milestone. :confetti_ball::tada::balloon: I can’t wait to get there some day myself. :tulip:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 900 days! That is awesome! I started my path to recovery this July. Knowing that you have made it so far, but also that it took years for you to get there is encouraging for those of us who seem to continue to stumble. At least for me it is. 900 days is so far off for me and I won’t allow myself to think about it, but I’m halfway through day 2 and making choices to help me get to day 3. Hope you have a great day today!

5 Likes

fantastic!!! thank you for your wonderful, insightful, and inspirational contributions to the forum! congratulations!! :smile:

1 Like

Congrats @SassyRocks! 900 is AMAZING! You were around when I first joined years ago. I consider you a great source of inspiration and I’m so happy you share your sober journey with us! Keep up the great work. Thank you for always being a positive force here at Talking Sober. :green_heart::100::muscle:

3 Likes

Sassyrocks? More like… SassyROCKS! :sunglasses:

Since my day 1 here your sober balanced chill has been a guiding light. Keep doing you, lady, and thank you for your service here. :ice_cream: :heart:

7 Likes

Now that’s a hurricane party I can get excited about!
Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Well…Sassy: you ROCK definitely!

Congratulations! :tada:

3 Likes

Ho. Lee. Shit.

An absolute inspiration to everybody Sassy. Amazing achievement :heart_eyes::heart:

5 Likes

The second half of the title just sunk in, missed you posting on the other thread. Be safe and rock on!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness - what an inspiration you are! 900 days. I have learned so much from you.yoyr honesty, kindness, and vulnerability helped me to see that sobriety is possible - at a time when I couldn’t imagine a day without alcohol. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and for all the service you do in our community. I’m so very happy for you! Congratulations - and stay safe!!

3 Likes

Wow! Ok dunno what to write now lol! Just wow! Congratulations @SassyRocks

2 Likes

YEAH! @SassyRocks !!! Love those round numbers - so amazing. I so appreciate your presence here. And thanks for the work you do as a mod. Keep on rocking it - I hear that hurricane is moving slowly. Some family friends have been on lock down with their shutters up for days, but no action yet. Stay safe!

2 Likes

Congratulations Sassy!
Another great inspirational person gets to a big milestone!

2 Likes

Yes, Dorian is only moving at 1mph. Very bad for The Bahamas. We are all prepped and ready. Just dropped my folks at the hotel so they can get comfy. We may head over late tonight or tomorrow. Hurricane shutters are down in front, nothing but glass out back, so between the glass walls and huge old live oak trees, we usually leave til the winds slow down. So for now we just wait for Dorian to get moving.

2 Likes

I’ve heard on the news I think it was Honduras has had it really bad. Whole communities wiped out.

It is Bahamas, not Honduras that are taking a big hit. Dorian is nowhere near Honduras (which is in Central America).

2 Likes

Sorry, must have heard the news wrong. I was in the other room working.
Still it’s not nice for any of you living with it.

1 Like

Hurricane blew by, just some wind and rain. Bahamas got the brunt of it for sure. Hopefully will be kinder up the coast of US. Some flooding and erosion along our beaches and creeks, but could have been so much worse.

7 Likes