A&E Intervention TV show

Anyone watch this show? I know it can be triggering. I’ve watched it since before I developed my drinking addiction. Oh my god, the new episode tonight made me yell at the TV and wake my dog and my husband. Ugh. Fucking fentanyl.

8 Likes

Yes, I’ve been watching this show since it started. I was at an AA meeting and missed tonight’s episode though. Now I have to watch it. lol

1 Like

You’ll have to tell me your reaction. This fucking guy. Ugh. You’re not going to like the end.

1 Like

I will say that I remember seeing an episode of this in the early 2000s and thinking, “She reminds me of me…” and that was the first time I questioned my drinking.

3 Likes

I like this show too! I’m gonna have to watch it now!

2 Likes

Watch! I started a PM to discuss :wink:

1 Like

I watch it frequently, watched a lot when I was a drunk too.

I watch a lot of hoarders too. Addiction and compulsion are fascinating

8 Likes

Lol, @Lisa07 and I are watching Hoarders right now! People and their dysfunction fascinate me. Including my own.

5 Likes

Mike’s story correct?

2 Likes

That was the Intervention show tonight (fucking tragic) and now we are into Hoarders with “Tim,” rouuughhhh. But you’re west coast so no spoilers!

1 Like

Lol yes I like that show too :smile:

2 Likes

Omg I’ve been wanting to start this thread for so long!!!

1 Like

Whoa. Codependency at its worst.

2 Likes

:frowning::frowning::frowning:
So sad.

1 Like

I definitely watched this show alot when I was drinking. It almost made me feel better about my own addiction knowing I hadn’t fallen as hard as anyone on the show had. It took me a long time to realize rock bottom is different for everyone and I don’t have to be homeless, drink all day everyday, or be in trouble with the law to be an alcoholic.

4 Likes

This is a really good point, and it was the same for me while I was drinking. Now it’s just sad and I can’t watch multiple shows. It does put things in perspective sometimes particularly as it relates to the family dynamic and codependency.

2 Likes

I noticed it on hulu and couldn’t get past 2 minutes. Quickly blocked

1 Like

i’ve watched the crap outta that show! i love the interventionists a lot. havent watched the new season though.

2 Likes

The new season is based in Vegas and that’s what drew me back in, because all my mom’s family is there. They’re all in recovery, too, lol! I am so glad my parents moved away when I was a baby.

2 Likes

I used to love it but it gave me that feeling I’m trying to recover from. I’m too new and I was an intravenous user for 17 years.

1 Like